May 24-27, 2022 | Blantyre, Malawi
Accessible Digital Content Workshop
Under All Children Reading: A Grand Challenge for Development’s (ACR GCD) Begin With Books prize, eKitabu is developing accessible early grade reading materials in Tumbuka, Malawian Sign Language, Chichewa, Yao and Lamwe. These materials are a mix of new titles developed with Malawian authors and adaptations of existing titles, including from the Global Digital Library.
The Accessible Digital Content Workshop has two aims:
- To introduce accessible digital content to education stakeholders and demonstrate how it can support inclusive education for all children building on Universal Design for Learning principles
- To give content developers a hands-on experience with an Accessible EPUB Toolkit, used during the workshop to digitize their existing titles to accessible standards.
- To build on the Malawi Book Development Training and follow on activities launched by the Global Book Alliance (GBA) in Malawi to strengthen book supply chains to ensure easier access to quality books for children.
ACR GCD staff will be participating and presenting during several sessions:
- Introduction to All Children Reading: A Grand Challenge for Development
- Opportunities and Challenges in the creation and distribution of accessible digital content
- Organization of Persons with Disabilities (OPD) Roundtable
Learn more about eKitabu’s project. Visit our Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn platforms for updates from the workshop!