Leveraging data to support decision-making, analysis and accountability in global education.
Reliable and timely data enables decision makers to respond quickly to problems and plan for the future. To achieve Sustainable Development Goal 4’s vision of quality education for all, teachers must have access to student assessment data to provide individualized learning. In addition, administrators need teacher performance and attendance data to inform personnel management, and Ministries of Education require budget and expenditure data to inform school-level budgets, textbook provision, and appropriate support for children with disabilities.
Recognizing that technology can facilitate the gathering, analysis and use of data in a cost-effective and efficient way, ACR GCD invests in technology approaches to improve the quality, transparency and accessibility of education data. Emphasizing the importance of inclusive education, ACR GCD also adapts assessments to measure reading outcomes for children with disabilities.
- Contributing to empirical evidence on when a child is 'ready' to transition from learning one language to another
- Improving instruction and reading outcomes by enabling teachers to submit student reading test data immediately using mobile phones
- Building DataWinners, a cloud-based communication service that collects and shares educational data through mobile phones
Latest Research & Resources
- Examining the use of the CLA approach when shifting from supporting innovators/innovations at pilot (or proof of concept) stage to transitioning mature, evidence-based solutions for scale.
- News Byte // February 23, 2022
ACR GCD to collaborate with the Girls’ Education Challenge to create a technical brief on inclusive learning assessmentsThe collaboration, announced at the Global Disability Summit, will provide guidance on developing and implementing inclusive learning assessments
- Blog // February 18, 2022EdTech can accelerate efforts to help children learn to read in their own language, but it must be guided by inclusion and equity