- Show all
- Begin With Books
- Big Ideas@Berkeley 2014/15 Prize
- Big Ideas@Berkeley 2015/16 Prize
- Book Boost: Access for All Challenge
- EduApp4Syria Prize
- Enabling Writers Prize
- Grant Competition 2011
- Grant Competition 2014
- Leaders for Literacy
- No Lost Generation Summit Tech Prize
- Ready2Read Challenge
- Sign On For Literacy Prize
- Technology to Support Education in Crises & Conflict Prize
- Tracking & Tracing Books Prize
- UnrestrICTed Challenge
… results in Children with Disabilities.
- Blog // March 29, 2021
UnrestrICTed Challenge awarded to three innovators scaling ICT solutions for children with disabilitieseKitabu, Save the Children, and World Education to implement ICT for education solutions—including accessible books, learning apps and teacher training—in Rwanda, Papua New Guinea and Nepal.
- A working paper from the Global Reading Network for enhancing skills acquisition for students with disabilities.
- Widening access to books in accessible formats, and working with teachers, community members and caregivers to bring awareness to accessible ICT.
- ACR GCD in the News // March 12, 2021Since most deaf children in low-resource settings start primary school with little or no language, the role of sign languages is essential for opening the pathway for progression in formal education.
- ACR GCD in the News // February 17, 2021ACR GCD awardee SIL LEAD spotlights three ways they have pivoted during COVID-19 to produce resources in more underserved languages and for people with disabilities using Bloom software.
- Blog // December 11, 2020
All Children Reading Grand Challenge creates global standards for sign language storybook productionDeveloped in collaboration with RIT/NTID, the standards aim to spur sign language storybook creation in more locations and sign languages to support inclusive education
- Blog // October 26, 2020
Five innovations to support inclusive education for children with disabilities in low-resource contextsThroughout Disability Awareness Month, learn how to leverage All Children Reading's funded EdTech solutions to support children with disabilities in your education programming.
- Blog // September 4, 2020
On International Literacy Day, three ways you can become part of the solution for 387 million children waiting for the opportunity to learn to readThe COVID-19 pandemic has amplified the need for quality EdTech solutions that serve the literacy and learning needs of all children.
- Blog // August 27, 2020
Three ways you can support the development and use of accessible books for children with disabilitiesFree tools for use by publishers, Ministries of Education, and education implementers support inclusive education that benefits all children.
- ACR GCD in the News // July 16, 2020If we are to realize the ideals of Sustainable Development Goal 4 to provide inclusive and equitable education for all, the learning needs of children with disabilities cannot be overlooked.
- Blog // June 25, 2020
UnrestrICTed Challenge seeks scalable ICT solutions to improve literacy and learning for children with disabilitiesChallenge to award up to $1 million for solutions grounded in Universal Design for Learning for children with disabilities in low-resource contexts.
- Blog // May 7, 2020
Rochester Institute of Technology to create first local sign language books for children in low-resource regions of Asia, Pacific and SomaliaBegin With Books prize winner will build on platform created through ACR GCD’s Sign On For Literacy prize to create 1,200+ sign language storybooks.
- Blog // May 6, 2020Begin With Books prize winner to scale past ACR GCD-funded projects to create 270 accessible books for children in Malawi.
- Blog // May 5, 2020
The Asia Foundation to create first large collection of minority language books for children in Laos, Nepal and Papua New GuineaACR GCD’s Begin With Books prize to fund the creation of 380 books in six local languages for regions in which only 5 percent of children have access to books.
- Blog // May 4, 2020Begin With Books prize winner to create the first large collection of books in Soninke, Sénoufo, and Malian Sign Languages.
- Blog // April 28, 2020
eKitabu’s signed Digital Story Time included in Kenya Ministry of Education’s distance learning programDaily TV and virtual broadcast of sign language stories funded by ACR GCD open opportunities for all children, including those who are deaf, to learn during the COVID-19 crisis.