- Show all
- Begin With Books
- Big Ideas@Berkeley 2014/15 Prize
- Big Ideas@Berkeley 2015/16 Prize
- Book Boost: Access for All Challenge
- EduApp4Syria Prize
- Enabling Writers Prize
- Grant Competition 2011
- Grant Competition 2014
- Leaders for Literacy
- No Lost Generation Summit Tech Prize
- Ready2Read Challenge
- Sign On For Literacy Prize
- Technology to Support Education in Crises & Conflict Prize
- Tracking & Tracing Books Prize
- UnrestrICTed Challenge
- News Byte // September 20, 2022Explore free, open source education technology solutions, toolkits and research
- News Byte // May 11, 2022Awardees to provide feedback and evidence on the role of technology in addressing education challenges
ACR GCD Alumni, Little Thinking Minds, featured in USAID Meta Evaluation of Grand Challenges Case StudyACR GCD Alumni, Little Thinking Minds' grantee journey is one of four detailed Case Studies that demonstrates key learning about thematic priorities for the USAID Meta Evaluation of Grand Challenges
- Blog // February 17, 2022
ACR GCD-funded sign language storybook platform receives Zero Project award for improving accessibilityWorld Around You is a multilingual platform developed with funding from the Sign on For Literacy Prize in 2019 by three-time ACR GCD awardee RIT/NTID
- Blog // November 5, 2021
Celebrating USAID at 60 and a 10 year partnership in advancing EdTech innovation to improve reading outcomesThis week, USAID turns 60 and ACR GCD is taking the opportunity to celebrate the accomplishments and innovations achieved over our 10 year partnership.
- Introducing 400 Talking Books into 50 Early Childhood Development centers in rural Malawi to contribute to pre-literacy skills of children ages 4-6 years old.
up to $300,000
- Providing children and their family members in Nepal with an evidence- and UDL-based approach that sparks curiosity and increases oral language and pre-reading skills
up to $300,000
- Blog // September 7, 2021
Ready2Read Challenge awarded to three innovators building foundational language and literacy skills using EdTechThe Asia Foundation, ILC Africa, and Rochester Institute of Technology to address gaps in early learning among children in Nepal, Malawi, Fiji, Papua New Guinea, and the Philippines
- ACR GCD in the News // February 22, 2021The Ready2Read Challenge seeks effective Edtech solutions that enable marginalized children ages 4 to 6 to build foundational language and literacy skills at home and at school.
- Blog // February 9, 2021
Ready2Read Challenge seeks EdTech solutions that help children in low-resource countries build foundational literacy skillsUp to $350,000 to be awarded for solutions that build and measure children's foundational language and literacy skills, with additional incentives for demonstrating skills growth.
- An interactive corpus of sign language words, a smartphone app, and a literacy outreach program for deaf children and their families
Sign On For Literacy Prize
Up to $250,000
- ACR GCD in the News // My Salaam // November 2, 2018When Video Games Without Borders launched ‘Antura and The Letters’ in response to the EduApp4Syria call, the team did not imagine the success that would come their way.
- ACR GCD in the News // TechCrunch // November 1, 2018The Techfugees Global Challenges Competition showcases projects responding to the needs of displaced populations and building technological products or services for them.
- An innovative smartphone game that helps Syrian children learn foundational Arabic and improves psychosocial well-being
$650,000 (innovative tender)