- Show all
- Begin With Books
- Big Ideas@Berkeley 2014/15 Prize
- Big Ideas@Berkeley 2015/16 Prize
- Book Boost: Access for All Challenge
- EduApp4Syria Prize
- Enabling Writers Prize
- Grant Competition 2011
- Grant Competition 2014
- Leaders for Literacy
- No Lost Generation Summit Tech Prize
- Ready2Read Challenge
- Sign On For Literacy Prize
- Technology to Support Education in Crises & Conflict Prize
- Tracking & Tracing Books Prize
- UnrestrICTed Challenge
… results in Foundations for Literacy.
- ACR GCD in the News // Emerging EdTech // March 1, 2017
Leveraging Technology to Build Literacy Among Millions of Displaced Children and Those with DisabilitiesThere are about a quarter of a billion children around the world who cannot read, often due to lack of resources in their language, conflicts that have displaced them from their homes and communities.
- ACR GCD in the News // The Sociable // February 13, 2017To better help the migrant crisis major tech companies should provide more EdTech solutions, so they can improve education and integration for millions of refugees.
- ACR GCD in the News // EdTech Digest // January 23, 2017Two-hundred-and-fifty million children across the globe are not learning basic literacy and numeracy skills. Of these, 57 million children—a disproportionate number of whom are from disadvantaged...
- ACR GCD in the News // Kukua // September 8, 2016Being amongst the top three selected teams of the EduApp4Syria Competition promoted by the Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation (NORAD) enables Kukua to receive additional funding.
- ACR GCD in the News // Creative Associates Blog // July 8, 2016Creative’s submission to the Norwegian Development Agency’s EduApp4Syria competition, Katkooti, (meaning ‘My Chick’ in Arabic), will provide literacy education and psychosocial support.
- ACR GCD in the News // Frontiers in Psychology // June 10, 2015GraphoGame is originally a technology-based intervention method for supporting children with reading difficulties. It is now known that children who face problems in reading acquisition have...
- ACR GCD-funded innovator Agora Center shares their innovation to use a mobile reading game to improve children's reading skills and certify Zambia teachers in local language literacy instruction.
- (Arabic subtitles) After playing the EduApp4Syria games for the first time, Marwa (6) knows how to write four new letters in Arabic.
- After playing the EduApp4Syria games for the first time, Marwa (6) knows how to write four new letters in Arabic.
- Watch the first time a Syrian refugee family tries a mobile game sourced by the EduApp4Syria competition to improve basic literacy skills in Arabic and psychosocial wellbeing.
EduApp4Syria: Her Royal Highness Crown Princess Mette-Marit tests the two winning EduApp4Syria gamesNorway and international collaboration partners including ACR GCD announce two winning games in the EduApp4Syria-competition.
- The EduApp4Syria games help a family who fled Syria when the oldest daughter was about to enroll in school.