- Show all
- Begin With Books
- Big Ideas@Berkeley 2014/15 Prize
- Big Ideas@Berkeley 2015/16 Prize
- Book Boost: Access for All Challenge
- EduApp4Syria Prize
- Enabling Writers Prize
- Grant Competition 2011
- Grant Competition 2014
- Leaders for Literacy
- No Lost Generation Summit Tech Prize
- Ready2Read Challenge
- Sign On For Literacy Prize
- Technology to Support Education in Crises & Conflict Prize
- Tracking & Tracing Books Prize
- UnrestrICTed Challenge
… results in Foundations for Literacy.
- ACR GCD in the News // Middle East Eye // March 30, 2017
Developers create Pokemon Go-like education apps for Syrian refugee childrenWhat happens when you combine Pokémon-Go with game-based learning? One Norwegian government-funded initiative launched two smartphone app games in Paris last week.
- ACR GCD in the News // Mashable // March 29, 2017
These new educational apps will help Syrian refugee kids learn and playAn international consortium of humanitarian aid groups has announced the winners of a competition to develop educational apps for Syrian children displaced by that country’s brutal civil war.
- ACR GCD in the News // TreceBits // March 29, 2017
Apps que ayudan a que los niños refugiados sigan aprendiendo (Apps that help refugee children keep learning)Desde que empezara en 2011, el conflicto sirio ha provocado enormes estragos en las rutinas de más de dos millones y medio de niños.
- ACR GCD in the News // International Business Times // March 29, 2017
New educational apps that can help traumatised refugee children: Free download availableWith an aim to help millions of traumatised Syrian refugee children deal with the ordeal they go through due to the conflict in the country, the EduApp4Syria competition was initiated.
- ACR GCD in the News // Android Apps Review // March 29, 2017
Feed the Monster is the Easiest Way for Kids to Learn ArabicFeed the Monster is a fun and effective interactive educational app that teaches young children how to read and write Arabic.
Pratham Education FoundationA learning camp that combines doing, speaking, reading, and writing around each learning activity
Grant Competition 2011
- ACR GCD in the News // Global Partnership for Education // March 28, 2017
EduApp4Syria: Leveraging technology to save a generation of war-affected childrenAfter six years of civil war, an estimated two-thirds of Syrian children have either lost a loved one, had their house or school bombed, or been injured as a result of the conflict.
- ACR GCD in the News // Android Apps Review // March 27, 2017
Play & Learn Arabic With Antura & The LettersAntura & the Letters is a fantastic language learning game app for teaching children Arabic. Developed by Video Games Without Borders, Antura & the Letters teaches its users...
- Press Release // ACR GCD // March 20, 2017
EduApp4Syria Competition Launches Unique Literacy Learning Apps That Can Reach Millions of War-Affected Syrian ChildrenA Norway-led coalition today announced two winners of the EduApp4Syria innovation competition and the worldwide release of open-source Arabic literacy learning games.
- ACR GCD in the News // VentureBeat // March 20, 2017
Innovation competition produces new educational apps to help Syrian refugee childrenAn international consortium of humanitarian aid groups has announced the winners of a competition to develop educational apps for Syrian children displaced by that country’s brutal civil war.
Agora Center Evaluation ReportAn evaluation report on the results of the ACR GCD-funded "GraphoGame Teacher Training Service" project in Zambia.
- ACR GCD in the News // moblearn // March 20, 2017
EduApp4Syria – 2 awesome, free apps to teach Arabic to kidsAntura and the Letters and Feed the Monster were funded by Norad, the Norwegian Development Agency as part of a competition to encourage innovative mobile learning solutions to support Syrian kids.
- ACR GCD in the News // Appolicious // March 20, 2017
Becoming Familiar in Arabic with Feed the MonsterThe gamification of education has made the learning process substantially more entertaining and optimized as opposed to traditional means.
- ACR GCD in the News // Appolicious // March 19, 2017
Gamifying Learning Arabic with Antura and the LettersWhile the process of reading is not often regarded as a fun pastime for many, it holds the key for a strong foundation in education and the ability to effectively communicate.
- ACR GCD in the News // AppApes // March 19, 2017
Antura and the Letters reviewAntura & the Letters offers an immersive Arabic language experience. The app is entirely in Arabic, both written and spoken (no English help).
- ACR GCD in the News // AppApes // March 19, 2017
Feed the Monster reviewFeed the Monster is a well made, cute adventure that teaches basic Arabic along the way.
- ACR GCD in the News // Emerging EdTech // March 1, 2017
Leveraging Technology to Build Literacy Among Millions of Displaced Children and Those with DisabilitiesThere are about a quarter of a billion children around the world who cannot read, often due to lack of resources in their language, conflicts that have displaced them from their homes and communities.
- ACR GCD in the News // The Sociable // February 13, 2017
How EdTech Innovation from Tech Giants Could Make a Real Change in the European Refugee CrisisTo better help the migrant crisis major tech companies should provide more EdTech solutions, so they can improve education and integration for millions of refugees.
- ACR GCD in the News // EdTech Digest // January 23, 2017
The Right to ReadTwo-hundred-and-fifty million children across the globe are not learning basic literacy and numeracy skills. Of these, 57 million children—a disproportionate number of whom are from disadvantaged...
- ACR GCD in the News // Kukua // September 8, 2016
Kukua selected as a finalist in the EduApp4Syria CompetitionBeing amongst the top three selected teams of the EduApp4Syria Competition promoted by the Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation (NORAD) enables Kukua to receive additional funding.