- Show all
- Begin With Books
- Big Ideas@Berkeley 2014/15 Prize
- Big Ideas@Berkeley 2015/16 Prize
- Book Boost: Access for All Challenge
- EduApp4Syria Prize
- Enabling Writers Prize
- Grant Competition 2011
- Grant Competition 2014
- Leaders for Literacy
- No Lost Generation Summit Tech Prize
- Ready2Read Challenge
- Sign On For Literacy Prize
- Technology to Support Education in Crises & Conflict Prize
- Tracking & Tracing Books Prize
- UnrestrICTed Challenge
… results in ACR GCD in the News.
- ACR GCD in the News // Medium // September 9, 2021
Opening New Worlds to Young Readers on International Literacy DayCheck out USAID’s read-along with NASA and learn why the book’s author is enthusiastic about new paths to literacy
- ACR GCD in the News // UNESCO GEM Report // March 12, 2021
Sign language in education is oft forgottenSince most deaf children in low-resource settings start primary school with little or no language, the role of sign languages is essential for opening the pathway for progression in formal education.
- ACR GCD in the News // February 22, 2021
Apply Now: $650,000 for EduTech Language and Literacy Skills SolutionsThe Ready2Read Challenge seeks effective Edtech solutions that enable marginalized children ages 4 to 6 to build foundational language and literacy skills at home and at school.
- ACR GCD in the News // February 17, 2021
Blooming in the time of COVIDACR GCD awardee SIL LEAD spotlights three ways they have pivoted during COVID-19 to produce resources in more underserved languages and for people with disabilities using Bloom software.
- ACR GCD in the News // December 15, 2020
Accessible to All: Creating Learning Materials for Children with Disabilities in Cambodia, Kenya, Rwanda, and TajikistanFor students with disabilities, quality education can offer an entry point into a society that may otherwise remain inaccessible.
- ACR GCD in the News // July 16, 2020
Apply Now: Up to $1 Million to Improve Literacy Tech for Children with DisabilitiesIf we are to realize the ideals of Sustainable Development Goal 4 to provide inclusive and equitable education for all, the learning needs of children with disabilities cannot be overlooked.
- ACR GCD in the News // October 14, 2019
Apply Now: $900,000 for Early Reader Digital Books in Local LanguagesThe Begin with Books prize competition challenges global innovators to assemble cost-effective packages of high quality, accessible digital books for beginning readers.
- ACR GCD in the News // Accessible Book Consortium Blog // March 12, 2019
Accessible Books Consortium Announces Winners of 2019 ABC International Excellence AwardThe 2019 winners of the ABC International Excellence Award for Accessible Publishing were announced at the awards ceremony held at the London Book Fair.
- ACR GCD in the News // SIL LEAD Blog // March 7, 2019
You Are Not Your LimitationsChances are good that if you don’t deal with significant physical disability on a regular basis—whether your own or that of someone you care about.
- ACR GCD in the News // Hewlett Packard Enterprise // February 18, 2019
Remote learning when it is really remoteInternet access is ubiquitous—except where it isn't. However, even in places where electricity or Internet connectivity are spotty, new e-learning innovations can help people get an education.
- ACR GCD in the News // eKitabu Blog // February 8, 2019
eKitabu advances in All Children Reading Grand Challenge prize to improve literacy outcomes for deaf childreneKitabu, Rochester Institute of Technology’s National Institute for the Deaf (RIT/NTID) and Manos Unidas will advance as finalists of the Sign On For Literacy prize.
- ACR GCD in the News // SIL LEAD Blog // February 7, 2019
The App That Changes Everything?It seems like every few weeks we hear about some exciting new innovation in computer technology—a brand-new application that (at least according to the advertising hype) will upend life as we know i
- ACR GCD in the News // SIL LEAD Blog // January 25, 2019
Now THAT’S a library!The Library of Congress in Washington D.C. is easily the largest library in the entire world. It has over 167 million items on approximately 838 miles of bookshelves.
- ACR GCD in the News // Rudd Family Foundation Big Ideas // November 28, 2018
DOST – Fostering Early Childhood Development in IndiaEarly years of childhood form the basis of intelligence, personality, social behavior, and capacity to learn and nurture oneself.
- ACR GCD in the News // ICTworks // November 26, 2018
6 Ways Education Technology Projects Can Improve Children’s LiteracyFamilies and communities have a tremendous role to play in improving educational and reading outcomes for children around the globe.
- ACR GCD in the News // Daily Nation // November 22, 2018
Eight disabled pupils score 400 marks in KCPE examsEight disabled children scored above 400 marks in the 2018 Kenya Certificate of Primary Education examinations, Education Cabinet Secretary Amina Mohamed has said.
- ACR GCD in the News // GhanaWeb // November 20, 2018
Equipping parents to manage learning disabilities in children through the Nyansapo scholarshipWhen it comes to academic performance, almost every parent expects their child to hit the mark.
- ACR GCD in the News // Global Accessibility News // November 15, 2018
The Transformative Power of Literacy for Children with Visual DisabilitiesIn a first grade classroom in the Philippines, Ma’am Jen, a teacher to students who are blind or low vision, sets a newly printed braille book she created in front of nine-year-old student Alexa.