- Show all
- Begin With Books
- Big Ideas@Berkeley 2014/15 Prize
- Big Ideas@Berkeley 2015/16 Prize
- Book Boost: Access for All Challenge
- EduApp4Syria Prize
- Enabling Writers Prize
- Grant Competition 2011
- Grant Competition 2014
- Leaders for Literacy
- No Lost Generation Summit Tech Prize
- Ready2Read Challenge
- Sign On For Literacy Prize
- Technology to Support Education in Crises & Conflict Prize
- Tracking & Tracing Books Prize
- UnrestrICTed Challenge
… results in Children with Disabilities.
ACR GCD Alumni featured in USAID Meta Evaluation of Grand Challenges Knowledge Product on Delivering MELACR GCD Alumni, eKitabu & Little Thinking Minds, are featured in this USAID Meta Evaluation of Grand Challenges Knowledge Product on how GCs measured impact and results
ACR GCD Alumni featured in USAID Meta Evaluation of Grand Challenges Knowledge Product on Taking Innovations to ScaleACR GCD alumi eKitabu is featured in this USAID Meta Evaluation of Grand Challenges Knowledge Product on how innovations have been supported to scale
- ACR GCD Alumni, eKitabu's grantee journey is one of four detailed Case Studies that demonstrates key learning about thematic priorities for the USAID Meta Evaluation of Grand Challenges
- Blog // March 7, 2022USAID, World Vision and the Australian Government are partnering to advance EdTech to increase literacy for all children
- News Byte // February 23, 2022USAID Disability Inclusive Education Specialist Josh Josa represented ACR GCD on the panel
- News Byte // February 23, 2022
ACR GCD to collaborate with the Girls’ Education Challenge to create a technical brief on inclusive learning assessmentsThe collaboration, announced at the Global Disability Summit, will provide guidance on developing and implementing inclusive learning assessments
- Blog // February 18, 2022EdTech can accelerate efforts to help children learn to read in their own language, but it must be guided by inclusion and equity
- Blog // February 17, 2022
ACR GCD-funded sign language storybook platform receives Zero Project award for improving accessibilityWorld Around You is a multilingual platform developed with funding from the Sign on For Literacy Prize in 2019 by three-time ACR GCD awardee RIT/NTID
- News Byte // February 9, 2022SIL LEAD uploads a new, accessible version of the book to its Bloom Library platform for children who are blind or have low vision
- News Byte // February 2, 2022Reading together strengthens family bonds and children's ability to read, especially with access to books in languages they use and understand
- Blog // January 21, 2022
Changing the course of education through EdTech solutions to increase literacy for marginalized children in low-resource contextsLeveraging open-source, scalable and inclusive innovation and technology can help children learn to read, escape poverty and complete school.
- News Byte // January 14, 2022The annual competition captures real-life examples of USAID staff and partners using CLA approaches to achieve better development outcomes.
- Blog // January 4, 2022On World Braille Day, learn more about the challenges faced by children who are blind or low-vision and be part of the solution to advance EdTech solutions to increase literacy.
- Blog // December 16, 2021
How EdTech solutions can fill gaps and address barriers to literacy for refugee and migrant childrenLearn about and access free education technology tools, solutions and guidance for increasing reading outcomes for children in crisis contexts.
- News Byte // December 10, 2021Education is a human right, and the ability to read plays a crucial role in the ability to complete education. Yet millions of children across the globe are waiting to learn read.
- News Byte // December 8, 2021Let's Read is bringing together local authors, illustrators, designers, language experts and volunteer translators in Laos, Nepal and Papua New Guinea to create and adapt 380 children’s books.
- News Byte // December 3, 2021eKitabu has released two new accessible ebooks as part of its creation of more than 250 books in Tumbuka, a local spoken language in Malawi, and Malawian Sign Language
- News Byte // December 2, 2021
Let’s Read Asia project coordinates with Nepali government representatives in developing sign language videosThe sign language videos are part of 50 adapted books in Nepali Sign Language being created through the Asia Foundation’s Let’s Read initiative.
- News Byte // December 1, 2021SIL LEAD is developing a total of 420 quality, accessible books in those two Malian languages as well as Malian Sign Language, using SIL's Bloom book creation software.