- Show all
- Begin With Books
- Big Ideas@Berkeley 2014/15 Prize
- Big Ideas@Berkeley 2015/16 Prize
- Book Boost: Access for All Challenge
- EduApp4Syria Prize
- Enabling Writers Prize
- Grant Competition 2011
- Grant Competition 2014
- Leaders for Literacy
- No Lost Generation Summit Tech Prize
- Sign On For Literacy Prize
- Technology to Support Education in Crises & Conflict Prize
- Tracking & Tracing Books Prize
- UnrestrICTed Challenge
… results in Children with Disabilities.
- ACR GCD in the News // ICTworks // November 26, 2018Families and communities have a tremendous role to play in improving educational and reading outcomes for children around the globe.
- Library platforms and book collections accessible to children who are blind/low vision.
Book Boost: Access for All Challenge
- ACR GCD in the News // Daily Nation // November 22, 2018Eight disabled children scored above 400 marks in the 2018 Kenya Certificate of Primary Education examinations, Education Cabinet Secretary Amina Mohamed has said.
- ACR GCD in the News // GhanaWeb // November 20, 2018When it comes to academic performance, almost every parent expects their child to hit the mark.
- ACR GCD in the News // Global Accessibility News // November 15, 2018In a first grade classroom in the Philippines, Ma’am Jen, a teacher to students who are blind or low vision, sets a newly printed braille book she created in front of nine-year-old student Alexa.
- A video tutorial explaining how to add sign language video to books on the Global Digital Library.
- ACR GCD in the News // eKitabu Blog // October 5, 2018eKitabu in partnership with the Ministry of Education, UNICEF and other partners launched the Content Development Challenge (CDC) on 27th September 2018 during the Nairobi International Book Fair.
- Blog // September 28, 2018During International Week of the Deaf, the Motion Light Lab at Gallaudet casts vision for its SignShare innovation, one of five winners of ACR GCD’s Sign On For Literacy prize.
- Blog // September 27, 2018During International Week of the Deaf, Sign On For Literacy prize finalist eKitabu shares how technology is opening literacy and learning opportunities for deaf children across Kenya.
- ACR GCD in the News // KBC // September 27, 2018eKitabu in partnership with Ministry of Education, UNICEF and other partners launched a Content Development Challenge (CDC) to empower Kenyan publishers to develop quality reading materials for...
- Adding Marathi human-narrated audio capabilities to create accessible, grade-level storybooks that can be listened to on low cost audio devices by children who are blind/low vision
Grant Competition 2014
- ACR GCD in the News // Standard Media // September 27, 2018Nasa leader Raila Odinga on Thursday attended the launch of eKitabu challenge targeting Kenyan publishers towards content development.
- Using innovative technologies for teachers to create and translate print/braille learning materials and for children who are blind/low vision to learn braille.
Grant Competition 2014
- Blog // September 26, 2018During International Week of the Deaf, Rochester Institute of Technology’s National Institute for the Deaf casts a vision for inclusive education for deaf children.
- Blog // September 25, 2018During International Week of the Deaf, Sign On For Literacy prize winner Manos Unidas shares how technology is transforming access to education for deaf children in Nicaragua.