- Show all
- Begin With Books
- Big Ideas@Berkeley 2014/15 Prize
- Big Ideas@Berkeley 2015/16 Prize
- Book Boost: Access for All Challenge
- EduApp4Syria Prize
- Enabling Writers Prize
- Grant Competition 2011
- Grant Competition 2014
- Leaders for Literacy
- No Lost Generation Summit Tech Prize
- Ready2Read Challenge
- Sign On For Literacy Prize
- Technology to Support Education in Crises & Conflict Prize
- Tracking & Tracing Books Prize
- UnrestrICTed Challenge
… results in Children with Disabilities.
ACR GCD Release Comprehensive Report on Grand Challenge to Advance EdTech to Enhance Global Literacy for ChildrenThe report gives in-depth overview of the 12-year Grand Challenge strategies and outcomes in advancing EdTech to increase reading outcomes for marginalized children in low-resource contexts
- News Byte // July 19, 2023
ACR GCD and Benetech invite organizations to join working group focused on using EdTech to promote inclusive educationGroup will address gaps in identifying and sharing best practices around how EdTech can be used to create and support inclusive and accessible education solutions and programs.
ACR GCD and Girls’ Education Challenge release technical brief on making standardized learning assessment more accessible for learners with disabilitiesTechnical brief outlines lessons learned from including learners with disabilities in assessments and guidance on developing and implementing inclusive learning assessments
- News Byte // May 26, 2023The Malawian National Association of the Deaf leads the way in advancing the use of sign language and accessible storybooks in schools for the deaf in Malawi.
All Children Reading: A Grand Challenge for Development announces EdTech Expos to showcase solutions to advance child literacyThree closing events will support education officers, implementers and policymakers in their understanding and use of EdTech to advance equitable and inclusive early grade reading efforts.
- News Byte // April 28, 2023
ACR GCD awardee SIL LEAD releases a new collection of accessible, digital books in local underserved languages for Malian childrenThe collection includes 428 books in local languages
- News Byte // March 23, 2023
ACR GCD leads workshop in Rwanda to support the first adapted Early Grade Reading Assessment for children with disabilitiesThe landmark workshop in Kigali focused on creating accessible early grade reading assessments for children who are deaf and children who are blind
- March 23, 2023ACR GCD participated in various sessions and panels that addressed the global "book gap" and promoted inclusive education
- Blog // March 23, 2023
All Children Reading: A Grand Challenge for Development celebrates impact on increasing literacy for children worldwideThe Grand Challenge is concluding 12 years of funding and testing innovative EdTech solutions and approaches to increase reading outcomes for marginalized children in low-resource contexts
- News Byte // December 20, 2022
First ever digital storybooks in Sign Language for Malian Schools are now available on Bloom LibraryThe books were produced in partnership with local Malian disabled persons organizations
- News Byte // December 20, 2022Video highlights ACR GCD’s work to increase literacy through EdTech solutions and research
- December 8, 2022The Digital Books in Action Prize and Sign Language Storybooks in Action Prize challenge innovators to think beyond access and availability
- Blog // November 30, 2022
Nothing about us without us: Building capacity and sustainability in blind and deaf communities worldwideSpurring innovation to fuel accessible and equitable access to literacy for children who are blind and deaf
- News Byte // November 21, 2022The international event focused on the three “C”s for digital learning: Content, Capacity and Connectivity
- Blog // November 17, 2022Read innovator reflections gathered during interviews after the GEM Report consultation held in May 2022
- Blog // November 15, 2022
What works and doesn’t work to improve access, equity and inclusion for the 584 million children globally waiting to learn to readKey evidence and lessons where EdTech innovations and methods work to increase access to education and literacy for hard to reach and disadvantaged learners
- News Byte // November 14, 2022The worldwide gathering of experts in digital learning was held on November 1-4 in Washington, D.C.