- Show all
- Begin With Books
- Big Ideas@Berkeley 2014/15 Prize
- Big Ideas@Berkeley 2015/16 Prize
- Book Boost: Access for All Challenge
- EduApp4Syria Prize
- Enabling Writers Prize
- Grant Competition 2011
- Grant Competition 2014
- Leaders for Literacy
- No Lost Generation Summit Tech Prize
- Ready2Read Challenge
- Sign On For Literacy Prize
- Technology to Support Education in Crises & Conflict Prize
- Tracking & Tracing Books Prize
- UnrestrICTed Challenge
… results in Children with Disabilities.
- News Byte // December 3, 2021eKitabu has released two new accessible ebooks as part of its creation of more than 250 books in Tumbuka, a local spoken language in Malawi, and Malawian Sign Language
- News Byte // December 2, 2021
Let’s Read Asia project coordinates with Nepali government representatives in developing sign language videosThe sign language videos are part of 50 adapted books in Nepali Sign Language being created through the Asia Foundation’s Let’s Read initiative.
- News Byte // December 1, 2021SIL LEAD is developing a total of 420 quality, accessible books in those two Malian languages as well as Malian Sign Language, using SIL's Bloom book creation software.
- Blog // November 29, 2021Today, children with disabilities are at higher risk than ever to be left behind their peers in literacy. Learn how you can be part of the solution.
- Blog // November 22, 2021
UnrestrICTed challenge awardee launches teacher training to increase access and learning opportunities for children with disabilities in RwandaTeachers from Rwandan inclusive model schools in five local districts learned how to better support children with disabilities
- Blog // November 5, 2021
Celebrating USAID at 60 and a 10 year partnership in advancing EdTech innovation to improve reading outcomesThis week, USAID turns 60 and ACR GCD is taking the opportunity to celebrate the accomplishments and innovations achieved over our 10 year partnership.
- Blog // October 15, 2021The ability to read plays a crucial role in children's opportunity to attend and complete their education, which is a proven driver in reducing poverty.
- Blog // October 11, 2021By advancing EdTech innovation and solutions--which provide accessible materials and books like Grace in Space--ACR GCD innovators are helping to address gaps and barriers to child literacy.
- Blog // September 20, 2021
Creation of sign language storybooks expands world of reading and storytime to deaf children and their familiesAll Children Reading Grand Challenge’s Sign Language Storybook Cohort, including Disabled Persons Organizations, advances inclusive education
- Blog // June 30, 2021
Q&A with Sergio Ramirez-Mena, new chief of party for All Children Reading: A Grand Challenge for DevelopmentRamirez-Mena shares vision to improve global child literacy through EdTech innovation
- Blog // June 14, 2021
Resources for the Blind builds on their All Children Reading project to support more children with disabilities in the PhilippinesFunded through USAID, the Gabay project ensures Filipino children who are blind, deaf or deafblind receive language and literacy support and resources beginning at an early age.
Literacy and Learning Without Limits: The Tools You Need to Ensure Children with Disabilities are Included in Your Reading ProgramsLearn about open source resources like book creation software, online libraries, books, reading assessments and more, developed by winners of the All Children Reading Grand Challenge.
- Blog // May 16, 2021
Five innovations to support inclusive education for children with disabilities in low-resource contextsLearn how to leverage All Children Reading's funded EdTech solutions to support children with disabilities in your education programming.
- Blog // March 29, 2021
UnrestrICTed Challenge awarded to three innovators scaling ICT solutions for children with disabilitieseKitabu, Save the Children, and World Education to implement ICT for education solutions—including accessible books, learning apps and teacher training—in Rwanda, Papua New Guinea and Nepal.
- A working paper from the Global Reading Network for enhancing skills acquisition for students with disabilities.
- Widening access to books in accessible formats, and working with teachers, community members and caregivers to bring awareness to accessible ICT.
- ACR GCD in the News // UNESCO GEM Report // March 12, 2021Since most deaf children in low-resource settings start primary school with little or no language, the role of sign languages is essential for opening the pathway for progression in formal education.
- ACR GCD in the News // February 17, 2021ACR GCD awardee SIL LEAD spotlights three ways they have pivoted during COVID-19 to produce resources in more underserved languages and for people with disabilities using Bloom software.
- Blog // December 11, 2020
All Children Reading Grand Challenge creates global standards for sign language storybook productionDeveloped in collaboration with RIT/NTID, the standards aim to spur sign language storybook creation in more locations and sign languages to support inclusive education