- Show all
- Begin With Books
- Big Ideas@Berkeley 2014/15 Prize
- Big Ideas@Berkeley 2015/16 Prize
- Book Boost: Access for All Challenge
- EduApp4Syria Prize
- Enabling Writers Prize
- Grant Competition 2011
- Grant Competition 2014
- Leaders for Literacy
- No Lost Generation Summit Tech Prize
- Sign On For Literacy Prize
- Technology to Support Education in Crises & Conflict Prize
- Tracking & Tracing Books Prize
- UnrestrICTed Challenge
… results in Children with Disabilities.
- Assistive technology that enables educators to easily create and publish Moroccan Sign Language (MSL) supported educational materials for students who are deaf/hard of hearing.
Grant Competition 2014
- Blog // September 24, 2018During International Week of the Deaf, Sign On For Literacy prize finalist Enuma shares how innovation can transform access to literacy and education for deaf children around the globe.
- ACR GCD in the News // ICTworks // September 13, 2018As part of USAID’s Education Strategy and its goal of improved reading skills for 100 million children in primary grades, USAID mission staff wanted to know what it might cost to take an evidence...
- ACR GCD in the News // ShareAmerica/US Department of State // September 7, 2018The late Barbara Bush, wife of former U.S. President George H.W. Bush, once said, “If we don’t give everyone the ability to simply read and write, then we aren’t giving everyone an equal chance
- Blog // August 24, 2018
Q&A with Deborah Backus, new project director of All Children Reading: A Grand Challenge for DevelopmentDeborah Backus responds to questions as she takes on the new role of World's Vision's project director of All Children Reading: A Grand Challenge for Development.
- Press Release // eKitabu Blog // June 27, 2018
eKitabu wins Phase One of Sign On for Literacy, a global competition for technology-based innovations to increase literacy among deaf childrenAll Children Reading: A Grand Challenge for Development (ACR GCD) today announced the winners of the first phase of Sign On For Literacy.
- Press Release // ACR GCD // June 26, 2018
All Children Reading Awards Innovators Increasing Access to Local Sign Languages and Improving Literacy Outcomes for Deaf ChildrenAll Children Reading: A Grand Challenge for Development (ACR GCD) announces five semifinalists of the first phase of the Sign On For Literacy prize.
- Providing training and technology to create and upload accessible supplementary reading materials for students who are blind/low vision.
Grant Competition 2014
- Software solutions that allow authors to easily create and export texts in mother tongue languages (including sign languages)
Enabling Writers Prize
- Blog // May 30, 2018
Policy Makers, Donors, and Innovators Convened in Africa: Here’s what they want to share about leveraging EdTech to improve reading“We’re here to acknowledge the marriage of technology and the power of reading,” said Ms. Kulula Manona from South Africa’s Department of Basic Education, kicking off a three-day workshop in P
- ACR GCD in the News // KSL.com // April 16, 2018“A Quiet Place” stunned audiences and critics alike, garnering over $150 million at the worldwide box office and earning a 95 percent critics rating on Rotten Tomatoes.
- ACR GCD in the News // eKitabu Blog // April 6, 2018As a Grand Prize Winner of the Book Boost: Access for All Challenge, eKitabu will help facilitate a transition to a sustainable, born accessible book chain in Kenya.
- Press Release // ACR GCD // April 4, 2018
All Children Reading and Pearson Announce Winners of Global Prize Competition to Increase Access to Children’s Reading MaterialseKitabu and SIL LEAD will test models that optimize the production process for children’s books, thereby reducing costs and making it easier for publishers to produce high-quality reading materials.
- Blog // April 4, 2018
All Children Reading Announces eKitabu and SIL LEAD as Winners of Book Boost: Access for All ChallengeACR GCD is pleased to announce two winners of the Book Boost: Access for All Challenge—eKitabu and SIL LEAD.
- Blog // February 20, 2018As the world marks International Mother Language Day, ACR GCD celebrates the progress made and champions the need for acceleration to support books, resources, and training in every language.
- ACR GCD in the News // Zero Project // February 15, 2018My name is Fatima Maghzaz, and I am a teacher at the Fatima Timouria School in the city of Berrchid, Morocco. I currently have ten deaf students in my class of various ages.
- ACR GCD in the News // Global Partnership for Education // January 4, 2018Global prize competition Sign On For Literacy seeks to spur innovations providing deaf children, their families and communities greater access to sign language.