- Show all
- Begin With Books
- Big Ideas@Berkeley 2014/15 Prize
- Big Ideas@Berkeley 2015/16 Prize
- Book Boost: Access for All Challenge
- EduApp4Syria Prize
- Enabling Writers Prize
- Grant Competition 2011
- Grant Competition 2014
- Leaders for Literacy
- No Lost Generation Summit Tech Prize
- Ready2Read Challenge
- Sign On For Literacy Prize
- Technology to Support Education in Crises & Conflict Prize
- Tracking & Tracing Books Prize
- UnrestrICTed Challenge
… results in Children with Disabilities.
- Blog // April 4, 2018
All Children Reading Announces eKitabu and SIL LEAD as Winners of Book Boost: Access for All ChallengeACR GCD is pleased to announce two winners of the Book Boost: Access for All Challenge—eKitabu and SIL LEAD.
- Blog // February 20, 2018As the world marks International Mother Language Day, ACR GCD celebrates the progress made and champions the need for acceleration to support books, resources, and training in every language.
- ACR GCD in the News // Zero Project // February 15, 2018My name is Fatima Maghzaz, and I am a teacher at the Fatima Timouria School in the city of Berrchid, Morocco. I currently have ten deaf students in my class of various ages.
- ACR GCD in the News // Global Partnership for Education // January 4, 2018Global prize competition Sign On For Literacy seeks to spur innovations providing deaf children, their families and communities greater access to sign language.
- ACR GCD in the News // The Journal // December 4, 2017Of an estimated 32 million children around the world who are deaf, hard of hearing or deaf-blind, four in five lack access to education, and just 2 percent get instruction in sign language.
All Children Reading: A Grand Challenge for Development Unveils New Competition to Ensure All Deaf Children Achieve LiteracySign On For Literacy Prize Seeks to Identify and Support Technology-Based Solutions to Improve Literacy and Learning Outcomes for Deaf Children
- Sign On For Literacy Prize Seeks to Identify and Support Technology-Based Solutions to Improve Literacy and Learning Outcomes for Deaf Children.
- Press Release // ACR GCD // October 26, 2017
New Global Prize Competition Seeks to Transform Book Publishing through Innovations that Drive Greater Access to Affordable, High Quality Books and Children’s Reading MaterialsThe Book Boost: Access for All Challenge seeks innovations to reduce the cost to produce digital reading materials, including books for children who are blind or have low vision.
- Press Release // ACR GCD // October 2, 2017
All Children Reading and Pearson’s Project Literacy Announce Prize Competition to Increase Global Supply of Accessible BooksAn upcoming global prize competition seeks to increase the global supply of high-quality reading materials accessible for children with print disabilities.
- Blog // September 11, 2017ACR GCD also believes that utilizing technology to increase childhood literacy can offer new solutions to reach the greatest number of children who are not learning to read.
Supporting Technology-Based Innovations to Improve Early Grade Reading Outcomes for Students Who Have Low Vision or are BlindA summary report on the impact and potential for scale of three ACR GCD-funded projects focused on improving reading outcomes of students who have low vision or are blind.
- The guidebook by ACR GCD and Digital Learning 4 Development outlines key principles for developing digital games for literacy and includes 12 case studies of leading games.
- Edtech company Asafeer and the Global Digital Library share how to use, adapt and translate 100 STEM-focused eBooks in Arabic and English funded by ACR GCD to other languages or contexts.
- ACR GCD in the News // Red Cup AgencyÊ // April 26, 2017All Children Reading and Benetech talk about helping children with disabilities appreciate books and reading with a book distribution program that places books in Braille, audio, and mixed formats.