- Show all
- Begin With Books
- Big Ideas@Berkeley 2014/15 Prize
- Big Ideas@Berkeley 2015/16 Prize
- Book Boost: Access for All Challenge
- EduApp4Syria Prize
- Enabling Writers Prize
- Grant Competition 2011
- Grant Competition 2014
- Leaders for Literacy
- No Lost Generation Summit Tech Prize
- Sign On For Literacy Prize
- Technology to Support Education in Crises & Conflict Prize
- Tracking & Tracing Books Prize
- UnrestrICTed Challenge
… results in Children with Disabilities.
- The 100 Adventures in Science and Life ebooks, developed by Asafeer and funded ACR GCD's 2017 No Lost Generation Tech Prize, are now available in Arabic and English on the Global Digital Library.
- Learn from Benetech about key accessibility guidelines and tools for creating born-accessible ebooks and content for children with disabilities.
- Sign On for Literacy prize semi-finalist RIT's National Institute of the Deaf's innovation will document and collect local sign languages and create an open-content digital library of folktales.
- ACR GCD in the News // Emerging EdTech // March 1, 2017
Leveraging Technology to Build Literacy Among Millions of Displaced Children and Those with DisabilitiesThere are about a quarter of a billion children around the world who cannot read, often due to lack of resources in their language, conflicts that have displaced them from their homes and communities.
- Wonderstruck actress Millicent Simmonds announces the launch of ACR GCD's Sign On For Literacy prize competition seeking innovative solutions that provide Deaf children a foundation of sign language.
- Donna DiMarco of the Nyle DiMarco Foundation shares the importance of deaf children having early access to sign language.
- Blog // December 22, 2016ACR GCD’s work furthers Louis Braille's legacy by spurring the development of innovations that help children who are blind/low vision learn to read.
- Blog // December 2, 2016
Count Me In! Ground-breaking Early Grade Reading Assessment developed for children with sensory disabilitiesACR GCD and our innovators are tackling the challenge of assessing reading skills among children who are blind/low vision or deaf/hard of hearing.
- Blog // October 12, 2016Alexa is one example of how All Children Reading is helping children who are blind/low vision learn to read with innovative technologies.
- Blog // October 4, 2016This World Teachers' Day we celebrate pioneering teachers working hand-in-hand with ACR GCD grantees to pilot innovations making breakthrough progress in child literacy. Here are their stories…
- ACR GCD in the News // The Citizen // June 28, 2016Beginning July 1, the Georgia Libraries for Accessible Statewide Services network will make more than 425,000 accessible e-books available for free to patrons who cannot read traditional print books.
- ACR GCD in the News // devex // January 22, 2016At the Bay Area Makeathon last year, Google.org convened technologists and designers at TechShop in San Francisco, for 72 hours of writing code and designing prototypes for people with disabilities.
- On International Literacy Day, actor and World Vision spokesman Hugh Jackman voiced his support for efforts to improve literacy for children in developing countries through ACR GCD.
- ACR GCD in the News // Benetech Blog // December 3, 2015
Advancing Literacy Outcomes for Children with Disabilities in India: International Day of Persons with DisabilitiesBenetech is proud to join the international community and our partners in observance of International Day of Persons with Disabilities to promote awareness and mobilize support for the inclusion of...