- Show all
- Begin With Books
- Big Ideas@Berkeley 2014/15 Prize
- Big Ideas@Berkeley 2015/16 Prize
- Book Boost: Access for All Challenge
- EduApp4Syria Prize
- Enabling Writers Prize
- Grant Competition 2011
- Grant Competition 2014
- Leaders for Literacy
- No Lost Generation Summit Tech Prize
- Sign On For Literacy Prize
- Technology to Support Education in Crises & Conflict Prize
- Tracking & Tracing Books Prize
- UnrestrICTed Challenge
… results in Children with Disabilities.
- Blog // December 2, 2015A team of Moroccan and American deaf and hearing researchers create assistive software to easily create and publish Moroccan Sign Language-supported educational materials for students who are deaf.
- ACR GCD in the News // devex // October 9, 2015Kevin Jones convened impact investors and social entrepreneurs at the first Social Capital Markets conference in 2008. Now he says the value of SOCAP is the way it encourages attendees to find...
- ACR GCD in the News // muse // September 1, 2015Parents wonder, "Doesn't my child have the right to a full education? Many deaf people [here] are illiterate. The country is losing a wonderful resource," says Dr. Abdelhadi Soudi.
- ACR GCD presents at the Association for Childhood Education International's "Breakthroughs in Education: Innovations in Equity, Access and Quality" virtual conference.
- ACR GCD in the News // National Science Foundation // July 22, 2015For most Americans, communication is an oral endeavor. We learn to speak and read through sound, to distinguish between hard and soft "k", to make the hiss of a double "s," or slight lisp of a "th."
- ACR GCD in the News // India West // March 2, 2015Palo Alto, Calif.,-based Benetech received a grant Feb. 5 by USAID to create “human-narrated audio” Marathi language books for blind children in Pune, India.
- ACR GCD in the News // Benetech Blog // February 5, 2015
Benetech Wins All Children Reading: A Grand Challenge for Development Grant to Improve Literacy for Primary School Students with Disabilities in IndiaWe are delighted to share that USAID, World Vision, and the Australian Government awarded Benetech a 2015 grant to improve literacy for primary school students who are blind in India.
- Press Release // ACR GCD // February 3, 2015
All Children Reading: A Grand Challenge for Development Announces Winners of Literacy Innovations CompetitionFourteen winning innovations represent the most promising, creative and impactful solutions in literacy and were chosen from a competitive process that elicited 213 proposals from 50 countries.
- ACR GCD in the News // The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine // October 1, 2014
Tools and resources to improve deaf educational access to science, technology, engineering, and mathematicsThis research project will address the challenging research problem of meeting the educational needs of the deaf, who are underserved in education in general, and in STEM literacy, in particular.
- Learn more about ACR GCD and Pearson's Project Literacy's Book Boost: Access for All Challenge that seeks to drive innovation in publishing to solve for gaps in quality, accessible book titles.
- Press Release // ACR GCD // April 10, 2014ACR GCD announces a partnership with the Beyond Access initiative, a consortium of 11 international organizations funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
- Press Release // ACR GCD // February 27, 2014ACR GCD announces a second round of funding to unearth and champion technologies for improving child literacy.
- ACR GCD celebrates innovators from around the world that submitted more than 450 ideas to the 2012 grant competition to improve early grade literacy of children in low-resource contexts.
- ACR GCD in the News // Ghana News Agency // December 6, 2012The U.S. Deputy Chief of Mission in Ghana, Pat Alsup, launched the initiative with a forum where the All Children Reading Grand Challenge awardees for Ghana presented their winning concepts.
- ACR GCD-funded innovator Institute for Disabilities Research & Training shares their innovation to enable educators to create sign language materials for deaf students in Morocco.
- The Perkins School for the Blind shares their ACR GCD-funded innovation to leverage modern teaching methods and assistive technology to improve literacy among children with disabilities in Ghana.
- All Children Reading: A Grand Challenge for Development announces five semi-finalists of the Sign On For Literacy prize. (Press release for deafblind or those with low vision).