Catalyzing the born accessible book chain to create a library of open source, accessible digital titles and providing an open standards based toolkit for local content developers.
Driving Local Development of Born Accessible Titles in Kenya
Assistive Technology, Software/Apps
Book Boost: Access for All Challenge
Reading Skill Targeted
Digital Literacy Trust
eKitabu's toolkit helps publishers and others create accessible EPUBs with image descriptions, accessible navigation, dyslexic fonts, and optional sign language videos.
Blogs and Media
- ACR GCD in the News // Accessible Book Consortium Blog // March 12, 2019
- ACR GCD in the News // eKitabu Blog // February 8, 2019
- Blog // September 27, 2018
- ACR GCD in the News // KBC // September 27, 2018
Research and Resources
- Learn more about ACR GCD and Pearson's Project Literacy's Book Boost: Access for All Challenge that seeks to drive innovation in publishing to solve for gaps in quality, accessible book titles.
- All Children Reading: A Grand Challenge for Development announces five semi-finalists of the Sign On For Literacy prize. (Press release for deafblind or those with low vision).
- All Children Reading: A Grand Challenge for Development announces five semi-finalists of the Sign On for Literacy prize. (Press release in International Sign).
Connect with the Innovator