Join All Children Reading for our presentations:
September 27 | 9:30 – 10:30 am
Are We Powering up Education Through the Use of Open Innovation Challenge Calls?
Do open innovation challenge calls in education actually work? This participatory session will examine that question with a focus on the rationale for when to use (or not) open innovation competitions. Panelists will discuss the associated considerations for design, use, and measuring the effectiveness and impact of these types of calls to attract non-traditional problem-solving approaches and innovators.
- Donika Dimovska, Chief Knowledge Officer, Jacobs Foundation
- Kumar Garg, Senior Managing Director and Head of Partnerships, Schmidt Futures
- Eliza Berg, Lead, Learning & Solv[ED] Communities, MIT-Solve
- Shelly Malecki, Senior Program Manager, All Children Reading: A Grand Challenge for Development
September 28 | 11:00 – 12:00 pm
Moderator: Sergio Ramirez-Mena, Chief of Party, All Children Reading: A Grand Challenge for Development
- Sonia Shannon, Associate Coordinator for Multilingual Deaf Education & Lisseth Amaya, Educator and Cohort Member, SIL Global Sign Language
- Dr. Valerie Karr, CEO & Hayley Niad, Researcher and Program Manager, Inclusive Development Partners
- Dr. Christopher Kurz, Professor and Researcher & Stephen Jacobs, Professor and Director, Way Around You
- Matt Utterback, Co-founder and Chief Content Officer & Georgine Auma Obura, Director of Studio KSL, eKitabu