All Children Reading: A Grand Challenge for Development is a sandbox for innovation, funding innovators to develop and implement EdTech solutions to increase reading outcomes for marginalized children in low resource contexts. Below, learn about several of our current awardees and explore more current and past innovators by focus area or locations where they implemented their solutions!
- Introducing 400 Talking Books into 50 Early Childhood Development centers in rural Malawi to contribute to pre-literacy skills of children ages 4-6 years old.
up to $300,000
- Providing children and their family members in Nepal with an evidence- and UDL-based approach that sparks curiosity and increases oral language and pre-reading skills
up to $300,000
- Show all
- East Timor
- Fiji Islands
- Papau New Guinea
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- The creation of 1,200 accessible books in the sign languages of Indonesia, the Philippines, Papua New Guinea, Somalia, the Fiji Islands and Samoa.
Begin With Books
- Documenting and collecting local sign languages and creating an open-content digital library of folktales offered in an interactive bilingual format
Sign On For Literacy Prize
Up to $250,000
- Providing training and technology to create and upload accessible supplementary reading materials for students who are blind/low vision.
Grant Competition 2014
- Improving instruction and reading outcomes by enabling teachers to submit student reading test data immediately using mobile phones
Grant Competition 2011
Discover opportunities to become part of the solution for 387 million children waiting for the opportunity to learn to read.