- Show all
- Begin With Books
- Big Ideas@Berkeley 2014/15 Prize
- Big Ideas@Berkeley 2015/16 Prize
- Book Boost: Access for All Challenge
- EduApp4Syria Prize
- Enabling Writers Prize
- Grant Competition 2011
- Grant Competition 2014
- Leaders for Literacy
- No Lost Generation Summit Tech Prize
- Sign On For Literacy Prize
- Technology to Support Education in Crises & Conflict Prize
- Tracking & Tracing Books Prize
… results in deaf education.
- Blog // January 27, 2020Innovations provide sign language access to deaf children in Kenya, Rwanda, the Philippines and Nicaragua.
- Press Release // eKitabu Blog // June 27, 2018
eKitabu wins Phase One of Sign On for Literacy, a global competition for technology-based innovations to increase literacy among deaf childrenAll Children Reading: A Grand Challenge for Development (ACR GCD) today announced the winners of the first phase of Sign On For Literacy.
- Press Release // ACR GCD // June 26, 2018
All Children Reading Awards Innovators Increasing Access to Local Sign Languages and Improving Literacy Outcomes for Deaf ChildrenAll Children Reading: A Grand Challenge for Development (ACR GCD) announces five semifinalists of the first phase of the Sign On For Literacy prize.
- ACR GCD in the News // KSL.com // April 16, 2018“A Quiet Place” stunned audiences and critics alike, garnering over $150 million at the worldwide box office and earning a 95 percent critics rating on Rotten Tomatoes.
- ACR GCD in the News // Zero Project // February 15, 2018My name is Fatima Maghzaz, and I am a teacher at the Fatima Timouria School in the city of Berrchid, Morocco. I currently have ten deaf students in my class of various ages.
- ACR GCD in the News // Global Partnership for Education // January 4, 2018Global prize competition Sign On For Literacy seeks to spur innovations providing deaf children, their families and communities greater access to sign language.
- ACR GCD in the News // The Journal // December 4, 2017Of an estimated 32 million children around the world who are deaf, hard of hearing or deaf-blind, four in five lack access to education, and just 2 percent get instruction in sign language.
All Children Reading: A Grand Challenge for Development Unveils New Competition to Ensure All Deaf Children Achieve LiteracySign On For Literacy Prize Seeks to Identify and Support Technology-Based Solutions to Improve Literacy and Learning Outcomes for Deaf Children
- Sign On For Literacy Prize Seeks to Identify and Support Technology-Based Solutions to Improve Literacy and Learning Outcomes for Deaf Children.
- Sign On for Literacy prize semi-finalist RIT's National Institute of the Deaf's innovation will document and collect local sign languages and create an open-content digital library of folktales.
- ACR GCD in the News // National Science Foundation // July 22, 2015For most Americans, communication is an oral endeavor. We learn to speak and read through sound, to distinguish between hard and soft "k", to make the hiss of a double "s," or slight lisp of a "th."
- All Children Reading: A Grand Challenge for Development announces five semi-finalists of the Sign On For Literacy prize. (Press release for deafblind or those with low vision).