- Show all
- Big Ideas@Berkeley 2014/15 Prize
- Big Ideas@Berkeley 2015/16 Prize
- Book Boost: Access for All Challenge
- EduApp4Syria Prize
- Enabling Writers Prize
- Grant Competition 2011
- Grant Competition 2014
- No Lost Generation Summit Tech Prize
- Sign On For Literacy Prize
- Technology to Support Education in Crises & Conflict Prize
- Tracking & Tracing Books Prize
… results in deaf education.
- Press Release // eKitabu Blog // June 27, 2018
eKitabu wins Phase One of Sign On for Literacy, a global competition for technology-based innovations to increase literacy among deaf childrenAll Children Reading: A Grand Challenge for Development (ACR GCD) today announced the winners of the first phase of Sign On For Literacy.
- Press Release // ACR GCD // June 26, 2018
All Children Reading Awards Innovators Increasing Access to Local Sign Languages and Improving Literacy Outcomes for Deaf ChildrenAll Children Reading: A Grand Challenge for Development (ACR GCD) announces five semifinalists of the first phase of the Sign On For Literacy prize.
- ACR GCD in the News // KSL.com // April 16, 2018“A Quiet Place” stunned audiences and critics alike, garnering over $150 million at the worldwide box office and earning a 95 percent critics rating on Rotten Tomatoes.
- ACR GCD in the News // Zero Project // February 15, 2018My name is Fatima Maghzaz, and I am a teacher at the Fatima Timouria School in the city of Berrchid, Morocco. I currently have ten deaf students in my class of various ages.
- ACR GCD in the News // Global Partnership for Education // January 4, 2018Global prize competition Sign On For Literacy seeks to spur innovations providing deaf children, their families and communities greater access to sign language.
- ACR GCD in the News // The Journal // December 4, 2017Of an estimated 32 million children around the world who are deaf, hard of hearing or deaf-blind, four in five lack access to education, and just 2 percent get instruction in sign language.
All Children Reading: A Grand Challenge for Development Unveils New Competition to Ensure All Deaf Children Achieve LiteracySign On For Literacy Prize Seeks to Identify and Support Technology-Based Solutions to Improve Literacy and Learning Outcomes for Deaf Children
- Sign On For Literacy Prize Seeks to Identify and Support Technology-Based Solutions to Improve Literacy and Learning Outcomes for Deaf Children.
- Sign On for Literacy prize semi-finalist RIT's National Institute of the Deaf's innovation will document and collect local sign languages and create an open-content digital library of folktales.
- ACR GCD in the News // National Science Foundation // July 22, 2015For most Americans, communication is an oral endeavor. We learn to speak and read through sound, to distinguish between hard and soft "k", to make the hiss of a double "s," or slight lisp of a "th."
- Colin Allen, president of Sign On For Literacy prize partner World Federation of the Deaf, reminds us of the power of the global community to innovate solutions to help all children learn to read.