… results in Grant Competition 2011.
- ACR GCD in the News // The Asia Foundation Blog // February 26, 2013The Asia Foundation, in partnership with Fundasaun Alola, has launched the All Children Reading (ACR) initiative, an 18-month project generously supported by the United States Agency for International
- Molteno Institute for Language and Literacy shares their ACR GCD-funded innovation to provide interactive edtech solutions to improve reading skills of early grade children in South Africa.
- ACR GCD in the News // Latin American Herald Tribune // January 1, 2013The U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) has launched a project to promote reading among young students in Haiti.
- ACR GCD in the News // FHI360 Blog // January 1, 2013Timawerenga! We Can Read! responds to the critical need for sufficient quantities of low-cost, appropriate and effective mother-tongue reading materials for primary school students in grades 1 and 2.
- Olinga Foundation for Human Development shares their ACR GCD-funded innovation to implement a new phonic and syllabic approach for teaching children in Ghana to read in their local language.
- ACR GCD in the News // Ghana News Agency // December 6, 2012The U.S. Deputy Chief of Mission in Ghana, Pat Alsup, launched the initiative with a forum where the All Children Reading Grand Challenge awardees for Ghana presented their winning concepts.
- Learn from ACR GCD-funded innovators Lubuto Library Project and Georgia State University about projects to improve reading outcomes for children in Zambia and South Africa.
- Much of television programming aimed at young people has earned a dubious reputation for turning the minds of the world’s children into wastelands.
- ACR GCD in the News // Modern Ghana // October 8, 2012Open Learning Exchange (OLE) Ghana, has been awarded a grant by USAID to implement its Ghana Reads innovation. This is part of the All Children Reading: A Grand Challenge for Development program.
- ACR GCD in the News // Hindustan Times // September 27, 2012All Children Reading: A Grand Challenge for Development recognized Pragya for its innovative project addressing the specific educational problems of tribal/border/hilly/forested (TBHF) districts.
- ACR GCD in the News // IGIHE // September 17, 2012In his recent speech to the Young Presidents Organization, President Paul Kagame stated: “Leadership is about galvanizing and ensuring that everyone involved feels part of the process."
- Press Release // Sesame Workshop India // September 7, 2012
Sesame Workshop Initiatives India Wins Award At All Children Reading: A Grand Challenge For DevelopmentThe innovation – Learn to Read, Read to Learn – by Sesame Workshop Initiatives India (SWIIPLC) was announced a winner by USAID, AusAID and World Vision.