- Show all
- Begin With Books
- Big Ideas@Berkeley 2014/15 Prize
- Big Ideas@Berkeley 2015/16 Prize
- Book Boost: Access for All Challenge
- EduApp4Syria Prize
- Enabling Writers Prize
- Grant Competition 2011
- Grant Competition 2014
- Leaders for Literacy
- No Lost Generation Summit Tech Prize
- Ready2Read Challenge
- Sign On For Literacy Prize
- Technology to Support Education in Crises & Conflict Prize
- Tracking & Tracing Books Prize
- UnrestrICTed Challenge
… results in Books in Underserved Languages.
- Blog // September 4, 2020
Three ways you can become part of the solution for 387 million children waiting for the opportunity to learn to readThe COVID-19 pandemic has amplified the need for quality EdTech solutions that serve the literacy and learning needs of all children.
- Blog // August 27, 2020
Three ways you can support the development and use of accessible books for children with disabilitiesFree tools for use by publishers, Ministries of Education, and education implementers support inclusive education that benefits all children.
- Blog // July 28, 2020
ACR GCD awardee SIL LEAD spurs multi-organization effort to create COVID-themed children’s books in 166 languages using Bloom softwareAdditional COVID-19 themed books created through ACR GCD’s Begin With Books prize to arrive on Global Digital Library and Bloom Library in September.
- Blog // June 1, 2020
Integrated International and Little Thinking Minds scale Arabic literacy platform to support learners across JordanACR GCD competition winners partner with Ministry of Education to co-create digital library and support out-of-school children during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Blog // May 7, 2020
Rochester Institute of Technology to create first local sign language books for children in low-resource regions of Asia, Pacific and SomaliaBegin With Books prize winner will build on platform created through ACR GCD’s Sign On For Literacy prize to create 1,200+ sign language storybooks.
- Blog // May 6, 2020Begin With Books prize winner to scale past ACR GCD-funded projects to create 270 accessible books for children in Malawi.
- Blog // May 5, 2020
The Asia Foundation to create first large collection of minority language books for children in Laos, Nepal and Papua New GuineaACR GCD’s Begin With Books prize to fund the creation of 380 books in six local languages for regions in which only 5 percent of children have access to books.
- Blog // May 4, 2020Begin With Books prize winner to create the first large collection of books in Soninke, Sénoufo, and Malian Sign Languages.
- Blog // April 28, 2020
eKitabu’s signed Digital Story Time included in Kenya Ministry of Education’s distance learning programDaily TV and virtual broadcast of sign language stories funded by ACR GCD open opportunities for all children, including those who are deaf, to learn during the COVID-19 crisis.
- Blog // March 13, 2020ACR GCD-funded innovations available in multiple languages and across variety of devices to support early-grade literacy.
- Blog // March 5, 2020
All Children Reading Grand Challenge awards Begin With Books prize to four innovators creating books in underserved languagesWinners will also join ACR GCD Sign Language Storybook Cohort to follow standards for sign language book production.
- Blog // January 29, 2020All Children Reading’s investment in open source Arabic literacy app yields dozens of translations by nonprofit Curious Learning.
- Blog // June 3, 2019This Global Day of Parents, All Children Reading: A Grand Challenge for Development spotlights four projects engaging families and communities in child literacy.
- Blog // May 29, 2019
ACR GCD innovator Benetech advances as finalist for $10 million award to scale accessible reading platformACR GCD funding of Bookshare India project helps position edtech company for Macquarie Group award.
- An overview of the All Children Reading Grand Challenge's investments and advancements made by innovators during COVID-19 and throughout fiscal 2020.
- Blog // April 29, 2019ACR GCD shared presentations on our innovative solutions for gaming for literacy, digital books in underserved languages, and scaling edtech for literacy at CIES2019.