- Show all
- Begin With Books
- Big Ideas@Berkeley 2014/15 Prize
- Big Ideas@Berkeley 2015/16 Prize
- Book Boost: Access for All Challenge
- EduApp4Syria Prize
- Enabling Writers Prize
- Grant Competition 2011
- Grant Competition 2014
- Leaders for Literacy
- No Lost Generation Summit Tech Prize
- Ready2Read Challenge
- Sign On For Literacy Prize
- Technology to Support Education in Crises & Conflict Prize
- Tracking & Tracing Books Prize
- UnrestrICTed Challenge
… results in Books in Underserved Languages.
- Blog // March 7, 2022USAID, World Vision and the Australian Government are partnering to advance EdTech to increase literacy for all children
- Blog // February 18, 2022EdTech can accelerate efforts to help children learn to read in their own language, but it must be guided by inclusion and equity
- Blog // February 17, 2022
ACR GCD-funded sign language storybook platform receives Zero Project award for improving accessibilityWorld Around You is a multilingual platform developed with funding from the Sign on For Literacy Prize in 2019 by three-time ACR GCD awardee RIT/NTID
- News Byte // February 17, 2022The Tamang collection is a meaningful step towards empowering and supporting children in Tamang communities on their path to literacy
- News Byte // February 2, 2022Reading together strengthens family bonds and children's ability to read, especially with access to books in languages they use and understand
- News Byte // January 25, 2022The Papua New Guinea Collection includes 33 books in three local languages
- News Byte // January 21, 2022
Celebrating UNESCO’s World Day for African Culture–and our innovators who create culturally relevant stories in local languages to help children readAccess to culturally familiar and engaging storybooks has a big impact on children’s willingness and desire to read in their own languages
- Blog // January 21, 2022
Changing the course of education through EdTech solutions to increase literacy for marginalized children in low-resource contextsLeveraging open-source, scalable and inclusive innovation and technology can help children learn to read, escape poverty and complete school.
- News Byte // January 14, 2022The annual competition captures real-life examples of USAID staff and partners using CLA approaches to achieve better development outcomes.
- Blog // January 4, 2022On World Braille Day, learn more about the challenges faced by children who are blind or low-vision and be part of the solution to advance EdTech solutions to increase literacy.
- News Byte // December 17, 2021Help us raise awareness of these tools and other opportunities to implement EdTech solutions to improve reading outcomes for marginalized children in low-resource contexts.
- Blog // December 16, 2021
How EdTech solutions can fill gaps and address barriers to literacy for refugee and migrant childrenLearn about and access free education technology tools, solutions and guidance for increasing reading outcomes for children in crisis contexts.
- News Byte // December 8, 2021Let's Read is bringing together local authors, illustrators, designers, language experts and volunteer translators in Laos, Nepal and Papua New Guinea to create and adapt 380 children’s books.
- News Byte // December 3, 2021eKitabu has released two new accessible ebooks as part of its creation of more than 250 books in Tumbuka, a local spoken language in Malawi, and Malawian Sign Language
- News Byte // December 2, 2021
Let’s Read Asia project coordinates with Nepali government representatives in developing sign language videosThe sign language videos are part of 50 adapted books in Nepali Sign Language being created through the Asia Foundation’s Let’s Read initiative.
- News Byte // December 1, 2021SIL LEAD is developing a total of 420 quality, accessible books in those two Malian languages as well as Malian Sign Language, using SIL's Bloom book creation software.
- Blog // November 5, 2021
Celebrating USAID at 60 and a 10 year partnership in advancing EdTech innovation to improve reading outcomesThis week, USAID turns 60 and ACR GCD is taking the opportunity to celebrate the accomplishments and innovations achieved over our 10 year partnership.
- Blog // October 15, 2021The ability to read plays a crucial role in children's opportunity to attend and complete their education, which is a proven driver in reducing poverty.
- Blog // September 20, 2021
Creation of sign language storybooks expands world of reading and storytime to deaf children and their familiesAll Children Reading Grand Challenge’s Sign Language Storybook Cohort, including Disabled Persons Organizations, advances inclusive education