- Show all
- Begin With Books
- Big Ideas@Berkeley 2014/15 Prize
- Big Ideas@Berkeley 2015/16 Prize
- Book Boost: Access for All Challenge
- EduApp4Syria Prize
- Enabling Writers Prize
- Grant Competition 2011
- Grant Competition 2014
- Leaders for Literacy
- No Lost Generation Summit Tech Prize
- Ready2Read Challenge
- Sign On For Literacy Prize
- Technology to Support Education in Crises & Conflict Prize
- Tracking & Tracing Books Prize
- UnrestrICTed Challenge
… results in Books in Underserved Languages.
- News Byte // January 14, 2022The annual competition captures real-life examples of USAID staff and partners using CLA approaches to achieve better development outcomes.
- Blog // January 4, 2022On World Braille Day, learn more about the challenges faced by children who are blind or low-vision and be part of the solution to advance EdTech solutions to increase literacy.
- News Byte // December 17, 2021Help us raise awareness of these tools and other opportunities to implement EdTech solutions to improve reading outcomes for marginalized children in low-resource contexts.
- Blog // December 16, 2021
How EdTech solutions can fill gaps and address barriers to literacy for refugee and migrant childrenLearn about and access free education technology tools, solutions and guidance for increasing reading outcomes for children in crisis contexts.
- News Byte // December 8, 2021Let's Read is bringing together local authors, illustrators, designers, language experts and volunteer translators in Laos, Nepal and Papua New Guinea to create and adapt 380 children’s books.
- News Byte // December 3, 2021eKitabu has released two new accessible ebooks as part of its creation of more than 250 books in Tumbuka, a local spoken language in Malawi, and Malawian Sign Language
- News Byte // December 2, 2021
Let’s Read Asia project coordinates with Nepali government representatives in developing sign language videosThe sign language videos are part of 50 adapted books in Nepali Sign Language being created through the Asia Foundation’s Let’s Read initiative.
- News Byte // December 1, 2021SIL LEAD is developing a total of 420 quality, accessible books in those two Malian languages as well as Malian Sign Language, using SIL's Bloom book creation software.
- Blog // November 5, 2021
Celebrating USAID at 60 and a 10 year partnership in advancing EdTech innovation to improve reading outcomesThis week, USAID turns 60 and ACR GCD is taking the opportunity to celebrate the accomplishments and innovations achieved over our 10 year partnership.
- Blog // October 15, 2021The ability to read plays a crucial role in children's opportunity to attend and complete their education, which is a proven driver in reducing poverty.
- Blog // September 20, 2021
Creation of sign language storybooks expands world of reading and storytime to deaf children and their familiesAll Children Reading Grand Challenge’s Sign Language Storybook Cohort, including Disabled Persons Organizations, advances inclusive education
- ACR GCD in the News // Medium // September 9, 2021Check out USAID’s read-along with NASA and learn why the book’s author is enthusiastic about new paths to literacy
- Blog // August 23, 2021Five winners of All Children Reading: A Grand Challenge for Development awards share how their literacy work continues during the pandemic
- Blog // June 30, 2021
Q&A with Sergio Ramirez-Mena, new chief of party for All Children Reading: A Grand Challenge for DevelopmentRamirez-Mena shares vision to improve global child literacy through EdTech innovation
Literacy and Learning Without Limits: The Tools You Need to Ensure Children with Disabilities are Included in Your Reading ProgramsLearn about open source resources like book creation software, online libraries, books, reading assessments and more, developed by winners of the All Children Reading Grand Challenge.
- Blog // May 16, 2021
Five innovations to support inclusive education for children with disabilities in low-resource contextsLearn how to leverage All Children Reading's funded EdTech solutions to support children with disabilities in your education programming.
- Blog // April 22, 2021
ACR GCD prize winner Asafeer scales author training model to create pipeline of quality children’s books in ArabicTraining developed by author Maria Dadouch leverages Arabic books created through ACR GCD’s No Lost Generation Tech Summit Prize to engage 34,000+ new authors across Middle East.
- ACR GCD in the News // February 17, 2021ACR GCD awardee SIL LEAD spotlights three ways they have pivoted during COVID-19 to produce resources in more underserved languages and for people with disabilities using Bloom software.
- Blog // December 11, 2020
All Children Reading Grand Challenge creates global standards for sign language storybook productionDeveloped in collaboration with RIT/NTID, the standards aim to spur sign language storybook creation in more locations and sign languages to support inclusive education