… results in EduApp4Syria Prize.
- ACR GCD in the News // arabnet // May 11, 2017Earlier this week, the Embassy of Norway launched the EduApp4Syria in Beirut. Around 2.3 million Syrian children and youth are out of school, and the innovative learning games included in...
- ACR GCD in the News // Daily Star // May 11, 2017The Norwegian Embassy, under the auspices of Lebanon’s Education Ministry, officially launched this week the first educational application designed specifically to target over 2.3 million Syrian...
- ACR GCD in the News // Middle East Eye // March 30, 2017What happens when you combine Pokémon-Go with game-based learning? One Norwegian government-funded initiative launched two smartphone app games in Paris last week.
- ACR GCD in the News // Mashable // March 29, 2017An international consortium of humanitarian aid groups has announced the winners of a competition to develop educational apps for Syrian children displaced by that country’s brutal civil war.
- ACR GCD in the News // TreceBits // March 29, 2017
Apps que ayudan a que los niños refugiados sigan aprendiendo (Apps that help refugee children keep learning)Desde que empezara en 2011, el conflicto sirio ha provocado enormes estragos en las rutinas de más de dos millones y medio de niños.
- ACR GCD in the News // International Business Times // March 29, 2017With an aim to help millions of traumatised Syrian refugee children deal with the ordeal they go through due to the conflict in the country, the EduApp4Syria competition was initiated.
- ACR GCD in the News // Android Apps Review // March 29, 2017Feed the Monster is a fun and effective interactive educational app that teaches young children how to read and write Arabic.
- ACR GCD in the News // Global Partnership for Education // March 28, 2017After six years of civil war, an estimated two-thirds of Syrian children have either lost a loved one, had their house or school bombed, or been injured as a result of the conflict.
- ACR GCD in the News // Android Apps Review // March 27, 2017Antura & the Letters is a fantastic language learning game app for teaching children Arabic. Developed by Video Games Without Borders, Antura & the Letters teaches its users...
- Press Release // ACR GCD // March 20, 2017
EduApp4Syria Competition Launches Unique Literacy Learning Apps That Can Reach Millions of War-Affected Syrian ChildrenA Norway-led coalition today announced two winners of the EduApp4Syria innovation competition and the worldwide release of open-source Arabic literacy learning games.
- ACR GCD in the News // VentureBeat // March 20, 2017An international consortium of humanitarian aid groups has announced the winners of a competition to develop educational apps for Syrian children displaced by that country’s brutal civil war.
- ACR GCD in the News // moblearn // March 20, 2017Antura and the Letters and Feed the Monster were funded by Norad, the Norwegian Development Agency as part of a competition to encourage innovative mobile learning solutions to support Syrian kids.
- ACR GCD in the News // Appolicious // March 19, 2017While the process of reading is not often regarded as a fun pastime for many, it holds the key for a strong foundation in education and the ability to effectively communicate.
- ACR GCD in the News // Emerging EdTech // March 1, 2017
Leveraging Technology to Build Literacy Among Millions of Displaced Children and Those with DisabilitiesThere are about a quarter of a billion children around the world who cannot read, often due to lack of resources in their language, conflicts that have displaced them from their homes and communities.