- Blog // July 21, 2022
Six innovators discuss challenges and insights around implementing EdTech solutions to increase reading outcomes for hard-to-reach learnersAn interview with innovators who participated in a consultation ACR GCD co-hosted with the Global Education Monitoring (GEM) Report
- Blog // June 20, 2022
Shifting perspectives on using communication devices as learning tools can increase access to education and support learning in low resource contextsUsing devices like smartphones as learning tools can be a low-cost, high impact method of increasing access to education, especially for hard-to-reach learners
- News Byte // March 16, 2022Free tools available for immediate use and additional resources to help implement education in emergency settings
- Blog // March 16, 2022
Recent World Bank study provides compelling evidence that EdTech has big impact on literacy, improving reading outcomes within daysFive day intervention included cell phones preloaded with Global Digital Library and Feed the Monster, two EdTech solutions developed with ACR GCD support and funding
- Blog // March 7, 2022USAID, World Vision and the Australian Government are partnering to advance EdTech to increase literacy for all children
- Blog // February 18, 2022EdTech can accelerate efforts to help children learn to read in their own language, but it must be guided by inclusion and equity
- Blog // January 21, 2022
Changing the course of education through EdTech solutions to increase literacy for marginalized children in low-resource contextsLeveraging open-source, scalable and inclusive innovation and technology can help children learn to read, escape poverty and complete school.
- News Byte // December 17, 2021Help us raise awareness of these tools and other opportunities to implement EdTech solutions to improve reading outcomes for marginalized children in low-resource contexts.
- Blog // December 16, 2021
How EdTech solutions can fill gaps and address barriers to literacy for refugee and migrant childrenLearn about and access free education technology tools, solutions and guidance for increasing reading outcomes for children in crisis contexts.
- News Byte // December 10, 2021Education is a human right, and the ability to read plays a crucial role in the ability to complete education. Yet millions of children across the globe are waiting to learn read.
- Blog // March 13, 2020ACR GCD-funded innovations available in multiple languages and across variety of devices to support early-grade literacy.
- Blog // January 29, 2020All Children Reading’s investment in open source Arabic literacy app yields dozens of translations by nonprofit Curious Learning.
- Learn from the ACR GCD and Curious Learning how to select and adapt open source literacy apps to improve child literacy in low-resource contexts.
- ACR GCD in the News // My Salaam // November 2, 2018When Video Games Without Borders launched ‘Antura and The Letters’ in response to the EduApp4Syria call, the team did not imagine the success that would come their way.
- ACR GCD in the News // TechCrunch // November 1, 2018The Techfugees Global Challenges Competition showcases projects responding to the needs of displaced populations and building technological products or services for them.
- An innovative smartphone game that helps Syrian children learn foundational Arabic and improves psychosocial well-being
$650,000 (innovative tender)
- Antura and the Letters app builds foundational literacy skills in Arabic and improves psychosocial well-being for Syrian children who are out of school or struggling in school.
$650,000 (innovative tender)
- Katkooti, a smartphone application that offers literacy and psychosocial support to displaced children
$60,000 (innovative tender)
… results in EduApp4Syria Prize.