… results in Enabling Writers Prize.
- News Byte // December 20, 2022Video highlights ACR GCD’s work to increase literacy through EdTech solutions and research
- Blog // November 15, 2022
What works and doesn’t work to improve access, equity and inclusion for the 584 million children globally waiting to learn to readKey evidence and lessons where EdTech innovations and methods work to increase access to education and literacy for hard to reach and disadvantaged learners
- Blog // October 4, 2022Awardees share key insights on role of technology to address education challenges related to access, equity and inclusion
- News Byte // September 29, 2022The books are the first visual learning materials and storybooks for learners who are deaf in Mali
- Blog // July 21, 2022
Six innovators discuss challenges and insights around implementing EdTech solutions to increase reading outcomes for hard-to-reach learnersAn interview with innovators who participated in a consultation ACR GCD co-hosted with the Global Education Monitoring (GEM) Report
- News Byte // February 9, 2022SIL LEAD uploads a new, accessible version of the book to its Bloom Library platform for children who are blind or have low vision
- Blog // June 30, 2021
Q&A with Sergio Ramirez-Mena, new chief of party for All Children Reading: A Grand Challenge for DevelopmentRamirez-Mena shares vision to improve global child literacy through EdTech innovation
- Blog // June 14, 2021
Resources for the Blind builds on their All Children Reading project to support more children with disabilities in the PhilippinesFunded through USAID, the Gabay project ensures Filipino children who are blind, deaf or deafblind receive language and literacy support and resources beginning at an early age.
Literacy and Learning Without Limits: The Tools You Need to Ensure Children with Disabilities are Included in Your Reading ProgramsLearn about open source resources like book creation software, online libraries, books, reading assessments and more, developed by winners of the All Children Reading Grand Challenge.
- Blog // September 4, 2020
Three ways you can become part of the solution for 387 million children waiting for the opportunity to learn to readThe COVID-19 pandemic has amplified the need for quality EdTech solutions that serve the literacy and learning needs of all children.
- Blog // July 28, 2020
ACR GCD awardee SIL LEAD spurs multi-organization effort to create COVID-themed children’s books in 166 languages using Bloom softwareAdditional COVID-19 themed books created through ACR GCD’s Begin With Books prize to arrive on Global Digital Library and Bloom Library in September.
- Blog // March 13, 2020ACR GCD-funded innovations available in multiple languages and across variety of devices to support early-grade literacy.
- Blog // November 12, 2019
Michigan State University students use Bloom Software to turn local folktales into early grade booksInitiative results in early grade books in 14 languages for children in Benin.
- ACR GCD in the News // SIL LEAD Blog // February 7, 2019It seems like every few weeks we hear about some exciting new innovation in computer technology—a brand-new application that (at least according to the advertising hype) will upend life as we know i
- ACR GCD in the News // SIL LEAD Blog // January 25, 2019The Library of Congress in Washington D.C. is easily the largest library in the entire world. It has over 167 million items on approximately 838 miles of bookshelves.
- Software solutions that allow authors to easily create and export texts in mother tongue languages (including sign languages)
Enabling Writers Prize
- Readability for eXeLearning helps writers make decodable and levelled readers for print, mobile, and feature phone distribution.
Enabling Writers Prize