… results in Grant Competition 2011.
- Learn more about Planet Read's MobiLiteracy, a series of reading lessons available on basic phones for parents to use with young children in Uganda.
- World Education, Inc., and Kampuchean Action for Primary Education provide guidelines to support and measure the success of new reading textbooks developed by the Ministry of Education in Cambodia.
Youth Volunteers Can Contribute To Significant Reading Gains: Evidence From The HYVALL Project In SenegalACR GCD-funded Education Development Center shares results of the "Harnessing Youth Volunteers as Literacy Leaders" project in Senegal on children's reading fluency and comprehension.
- ACR GCD-funded American Institutes for Research investigates how biliteracy skills are acquired in Kannada or Telugu and English languages in Southern India.
- ACR GCD in the News // Public Radio International // December 22, 2014Frandy Calixte is an 11-year-old boy who lives in a small village on the drought-prone island of Lagonav, Haiti. Sitting outside his house with his mother and teacher...
- ACR GCD in the News // ONE // November 5, 2014We may not have flying cars or teleportation devices yet, but we do have some incredible technologies that are helping to make the world a better place.
- ACR GCD in the News // UNESCO // September 8, 2014The jury of the UNESCO International Literacy Prize commends the Bridges to the Future Initiative in South Africa and its partners for their work in South Africa.
- ACR GCD in the News // The Guardian // August 20, 2014Access to good quality learning is still denied to millions around the world, particularly in developing countries where teaching standards and education facilities are often poor.
- ACR GCD in the News // Joy 99.7 FM Online // July 18, 2014The 2nd edition of Ghana Reads, an education awareness program, has ended with Ayikai Doblo M/A Primary School and Achiaman M/A Primary School all in the Ga West Municipality.
- ACR GCD in the News // Frontlines // July 1, 2014Literacy is considered a linchpin in Rwanda's ascendance as a major player in communications and technology on the African continent.