… results in Begin With Books.
- News Byte // May 26, 2023The Malawian National Association of the Deaf leads the way in advancing the use of sign language and accessible storybooks in schools for the deaf in Malawi.
- News Byte // April 28, 2023
ACR GCD awardee SIL LEAD releases a new collection of accessible, digital books in local underserved languages for Malian childrenThe collection includes 428 books in local languages
- March 23, 2023ACR GCD participated in various sessions and panels that addressed the global "book gap" and promoted inclusive education
- Blog // March 23, 2023
All Children Reading: A Grand Challenge for Development celebrates impact on increasing literacy for children worldwideThe Grand Challenge is concluding 12 years of funding and testing innovative EdTech solutions and approaches to increase reading outcomes for marginalized children in low-resource contexts
- News Byte // December 20, 2022
First ever digital storybooks in Sign Language for Malian Schools are now available on Bloom LibraryThe books were produced in partnership with local Malian disabled persons organizations
- News Byte // December 20, 2022Video highlights ACR GCD’s work to increase literacy through EdTech solutions and research
- December 8, 2022The Digital Books in Action Prize and Sign Language Storybooks in Action Prize challenge innovators to think beyond access and availability
- Blog // November 30, 2022
Nothing about us without us: Building capacity and sustainability in blind and deaf communities worldwideSpurring innovation to fuel accessible and equitable access to literacy for children who are blind and deaf
- Blog // November 17, 2022Read innovator reflections gathered during interviews after the GEM Report consultation held in May 2022
- Blog // November 15, 2022
What works and doesn’t work to improve access, equity and inclusion for the 584 million children globally waiting to learn to readKey evidence and lessons where EdTech innovations and methods work to increase access to education and literacy for hard to reach and disadvantaged learners
- News Byte // November 14, 2022The worldwide gathering of experts in digital learning was held on November 1-4 in Washington, D.C.
- Blog // October 4, 2022Awardees share key insights on role of technology to address education challenges related to access, equity and inclusion
- News Byte // September 30, 2022Access to books in languages that children use and understand leads to greater reading success
- News Byte // September 29, 2022A team of RIT/NTID innovators is collaborating with Somali National Association for the Deaf to publish the video storybooks
- News Byte // September 29, 2022The books are the first visual learning materials and storybooks for learners who are deaf in Mali
- News Byte // September 8, 2022Team is also helping spread awareness of sign language literacy
- Blog // September 2, 2022Three ways ACR GCD, our innovators and their solutions are enriching and transforming literacy learning spaces for children in low resource contexts
- News Byte // August 30, 2022Participants developed accessible EPUBs using eKitabu's open source Accessible EPUB Toolkit