… results in Ready2Read Challenge.
- News Byte // May 1, 2022
ACR GCD focuses on global trends in education and literacy for the deaf and hard of hearing at CIES 2022The virtual panel was one of two that focused on children with disabilities
- News Byte // February 23, 2022USAID Disability Inclusive Education Specialist Josh Josa represented ACR GCD on the panel
- Blog // February 18, 2022EdTech can accelerate efforts to help children learn to read in their own language, but it must be guided by inclusion and equity
- Blog // February 17, 2022
ACR GCD-funded sign language storybook platform receives Zero Project award for improving accessibilityWorld Around You is a multilingual platform developed with funding from the Sign on For Literacy Prize in 2019 by three-time ACR GCD awardee RIT/NTID
- Examining the use of the CLA approach when shifting from supporting innovators/innovations at pilot (or proof of concept) stage to transitioning mature, evidence-based solutions for scale.
- Blog // October 15, 2021The ability to read plays a crucial role in children's opportunity to attend and complete their education, which is a proven driver in reducing poverty.
- Introducing 400 Talking Books into 50 Early Childhood Development centers in rural Malawi to contribute to pre-literacy skills of children ages 4-6 years old.
up to $300,000
- Providing children and their family members in Nepal with an evidence- and UDL-based approach that sparks curiosity and increases oral language and pre-reading skills
up to $300,000
- Blog // September 7, 2021
Ready2Read Challenge awarded to three innovators building foundational language and literacy skills using EdTechThe Asia Foundation, ILC Africa, and Rochester Institute of Technology to address gaps in early learning among children in Nepal, Malawi, Fiji, Papua New Guinea, and the Philippines
- ACR GCD in the News // February 22, 2021The Ready2Read Challenge seeks effective Edtech solutions that enable marginalized children ages 4 to 6 to build foundational language and literacy skills at home and at school.
- Blog // February 9, 2021
Ready2Read Challenge seeks EdTech solutions that help children in low-resource countries build foundational literacy skillsUp to $350,000 to be awarded for solutions that build and measure children's foundational language and literacy skills, with additional incentives for demonstrating skills growth.