… results in Sign On For Literacy Prize.
- ACR GCD in the News // December 15, 2020
Accessible to All: Creating Learning Materials for Children with Disabilities in Cambodia, Kenya, Rwanda, and TajikistanFor students with disabilities, quality education can offer an entry point into a society that may otherwise remain inaccessible.
- Blog // October 26, 2020
Five innovations to support inclusive education for children with disabilities in low-resource contextsThroughout Disability Awareness Month, learn how to leverage All Children Reading's funded EdTech solutions to support children with disabilities in your education programming.
- Blog // September 4, 2020
On International Literacy Day, three ways you can become part of the solution for 387 million children waiting for the opportunity to learn to readThe COVID-19 pandemic has amplified the need for quality EdTech solutions that serve the literacy and learning needs of all children.
- Blog // April 28, 2020
eKitabu’s signed Digital Story Time included in Kenya Ministry of Education’s distance learning programDaily TV and virtual broadcast of sign language stories funded by ACR GCD open opportunities for all children, including those who are deaf, to learn during the COVID-19 crisis.
- Blog // March 13, 2020ACR GCD-funded innovations available in multiple languages and across variety of devices to support early-grade literacy.
- Blog // January 27, 2020Innovations provide sign language access to deaf children in Kenya, Rwanda, the Philippines and Nicaragua.
- ACR GCD in the News // eKitabu Blog // February 8, 2019
eKitabu advances in All Children Reading Grand Challenge prize to improve literacy outcomes for deaf childreneKitabu, Rochester Institute of Technology’s National Institute for the Deaf (RIT/NTID) and Manos Unidas will advance as finalists of the Sign On For Literacy prize.
- Blog // February 5, 2019
Three innovators to field test solutions to improve literacy outcomes for deaf children in developing countriesThree innovations rose to the top of our Sign On For Literacy competition to source technology solutions that increase access to local sign languages.
- Blog // November 28, 2018
How a global community of innovators can embrace inclusive EdTech design for children with disabilitiesAll Children Reading: A Grand Challenge for Development urges global education audience at mEducation Alliance Symposium to incorporate accessibility features at the onset of EdTech development.
- Blog // September 27, 2018During International Week of the Deaf, Sign On For Literacy prize finalist eKitabu shares how technology is opening literacy and learning opportunities for deaf children across Kenya.
- Blog // September 26, 2018During International Week of the Deaf, Rochester Institute of Technology’s National Institute for the Deaf casts a vision for inclusive education for deaf children.
- Blog // September 25, 2018During International Week of the Deaf, Sign On For Literacy prize winner Manos Unidas shares how technology is transforming access to education for deaf children in Nicaragua.
- Blog // September 24, 2018During International Week of the Deaf, Sign On For Literacy prize finalist Enuma shares how innovation can transform access to literacy and education for deaf children around the globe.
- Press Release // eKitabu Blog // June 27, 2018
eKitabu wins Phase One of Sign On for Literacy, a global competition for technology-based innovations to increase literacy among deaf childrenAll Children Reading: A Grand Challenge for Development (ACR GCD) today announced the winners of the first phase of Sign On For Literacy.
- Press Release // ACR GCD // June 26, 2018
All Children Reading Awards Innovators Increasing Access to Local Sign Languages and Improving Literacy Outcomes for Deaf ChildrenAll Children Reading: A Grand Challenge for Development (ACR GCD) announces five semifinalists of the first phase of the Sign On For Literacy prize.
- Blog // May 30, 2018
Policy Makers, Donors, and Innovators Convened in Africa: Here’s what they want to share about leveraging EdTech to improve reading“We’re here to acknowledge the marriage of technology and the power of reading,” said Ms. Kulula Manona from South Africa’s Department of Basic Education, kicking off a three-day workshop in P
- ACR GCD in the News // KSL.com // April 16, 2018“A Quiet Place” stunned audiences and critics alike, garnering over $150 million at the worldwide box office and earning a 95 percent critics rating on Rotten Tomatoes.
- Blog // April 2, 2018
The Book Desert: Authors, publishers and innovators have key role in solving global literacy challengeThis crisis, dubbed the “book desert,” was the focus of our panel discussion at the International Children’s Book Fair in Bologna, Italy.