… results in Sign On For Literacy Prize.
- Blog // June 20, 2022
Shifting perspectives on using communication devices as learning tools can increase access to education and support learning in low resource contextsUsing devices like smartphones as learning tools can be a low-cost, high impact method of increasing access to education, especially for hard-to-reach learners
- News Byte // May 1, 2022
ACR GCD focuses on global trends in education and literacy for the deaf and hard of hearing at CIES 2022The virtual panel was one of two that focused on children with disabilities
- Blog // February 17, 2022
ACR GCD-funded sign language storybook platform receives Zero Project award for improving accessibilityWorld Around You is a multilingual platform developed with funding from the Sign on For Literacy Prize in 2019 by three-time ACR GCD awardee RIT/NTID
- News Byte // December 10, 2021Education is a human right, and the ability to read plays a crucial role in the ability to complete education. Yet millions of children across the globe are waiting to learn read.
- News Byte // December 3, 2021eKitabu has released two new accessible ebooks as part of its creation of more than 250 books in Tumbuka, a local spoken language in Malawi, and Malawian Sign Language
- Blog // November 29, 2021Today, children with disabilities are at higher risk than ever to be left behind their peers in literacy. Learn how you can be part of the solution.
- Blog // June 30, 2021
Q&A with Sergio Ramirez-Mena, new chief of party for All Children Reading: A Grand Challenge for DevelopmentRamirez-Mena shares vision to improve global child literacy through EdTech innovation
- Blog // June 14, 2021
Resources for the Blind builds on their All Children Reading project to support more children with disabilities in the PhilippinesFunded through USAID, the Gabay project ensures Filipino children who are blind, deaf or deafblind receive language and literacy support and resources beginning at an early age.
- Blog // May 16, 2021
Five innovations to support inclusive education for children with disabilities in low-resource contextsLearn how to leverage All Children Reading's funded EdTech solutions to support children with disabilities in your education programming.
- ACR GCD in the News // UNESCO GEM Report // March 12, 2021Since most deaf children in low-resource settings start primary school with little or no language, the role of sign languages is essential for opening the pathway for progression in formal education.
- ACR GCD in the News // December 15, 2020
Accessible to All: Creating Learning Materials for Children with Disabilities in Cambodia, Kenya, Rwanda, and TajikistanFor students with disabilities, quality education can offer an entry point into a society that may otherwise remain inaccessible.
- Blog // September 4, 2020
Three ways you can become part of the solution for 387 million children waiting for the opportunity to learn to readThe COVID-19 pandemic has amplified the need for quality EdTech solutions that serve the literacy and learning needs of all children.
- Blog // April 28, 2020
eKitabu’s signed Digital Story Time included in Kenya Ministry of Education’s distance learning programDaily TV and virtual broadcast of sign language stories funded by ACR GCD open opportunities for all children, including those who are deaf, to learn during the COVID-19 crisis.
- Blog // March 13, 2020ACR GCD-funded innovations available in multiple languages and across variety of devices to support early-grade literacy.
- Blog // January 27, 2020Innovations provide sign language access to deaf children in Kenya, Rwanda, the Philippines and Nicaragua.
- ACR GCD in the News // eKitabu Blog // February 8, 2019
eKitabu advances in All Children Reading Grand Challenge prize to improve literacy outcomes for deaf childreneKitabu, Rochester Institute of Technology’s National Institute for the Deaf (RIT/NTID) and Manos Unidas will advance as finalists of the Sign On For Literacy prize.
- Blog // February 5, 2019
Three innovators to field test solutions to improve literacy outcomes for deaf children in developing countriesThree innovations rose to the top of our Sign On For Literacy competition to source technology solutions that increase access to local sign languages.
- Blog // November 28, 2018
How a global community of innovators can embrace inclusive EdTech design for children with disabilitiesAll Children Reading: A Grand Challenge for Development urges global education audience at mEducation Alliance Symposium to incorporate accessibility features at the onset of EdTech development.
- Blog // September 27, 2018During International Week of the Deaf, Sign On For Literacy prize finalist eKitabu shares how technology is opening literacy and learning opportunities for deaf children across Kenya.