… results in UnrestrICTed Challenge.
- Blog // March 23, 2023
All Children Reading: A Grand Challenge for Development celebrates impact on increasing literacy for children worldwideThe Grand Challenge is concluding 12 years of funding and testing innovative EdTech solutions and approaches to increase reading outcomes for marginalized children in low-resource contexts
- News Byte // December 20, 2022Video highlights ACR GCD’s work to increase literacy through EdTech solutions and research
- December 8, 2022The Digital Books in Action Prize and Sign Language Storybooks in Action Prize challenge innovators to think beyond access and availability
- Blog // November 30, 2022
Nothing about us without us: Building capacity and sustainability in blind and deaf communities worldwideSpurring innovation to fuel accessible and equitable access to literacy for children who are blind and deaf
- Blog // November 17, 2022Read innovator reflections gathered during interviews after the GEM Report consultation held in May 2022
- News Byte // November 14, 2022The worldwide gathering of experts in digital learning was held on November 1-4 in Washington, D.C.
- News Byte // October 18, 2022
ACR GCD presents to USAID’s Education Sector Council on Integration of Universal Design for Learning (UDL) into Early Grade Reading ProgramsPresenters showcased EdTech tools to create, and coach for, a literacy learning environment to enable full participation of all children
- Blog // October 4, 2022Awardees share key insights on role of technology to address education challenges related to access, equity and inclusion
- Blog // September 2, 2022Three ways ACR GCD, our innovators and their solutions are enriching and transforming literacy learning spaces for children in low resource contexts
- Blog // July 21, 2022
Six innovators discuss challenges and insights around implementing EdTech solutions to increase reading outcomes for hard-to-reach learnersAn interview with innovators who participated in a consultation ACR GCD co-hosted with the Global Education Monitoring (GEM) Report
- News Byte // February 23, 2022USAID Disability Inclusive Education Specialist Josh Josa represented ACR GCD on the panel
- Blog // February 18, 2022EdTech can accelerate efforts to help children learn to read in their own language, but it must be guided by inclusion and equity
- Blog // February 17, 2022
ACR GCD-funded sign language storybook platform receives Zero Project award for improving accessibilityWorld Around You is a multilingual platform developed with funding from the Sign on For Literacy Prize in 2019 by three-time ACR GCD awardee RIT/NTID
- Blog // January 21, 2022
Changing the course of education through EdTech solutions to increase literacy for marginalized children in low-resource contextsLeveraging open-source, scalable and inclusive innovation and technology can help children learn to read, escape poverty and complete school.
- Blog // November 29, 2021Today, children with disabilities are at higher risk than ever to be left behind their peers in literacy. Learn how you can be part of the solution.
- Blog // November 22, 2021
UnrestrICTed challenge awardee launches teacher training to increase access and learning opportunities for children with disabilities in RwandaTeachers from Rwandan inclusive model schools in five local districts learned how to better support children with disabilities