- Show all
- Begin With Books
- Big Ideas@Berkeley 2014/15 Prize
- Big Ideas@Berkeley 2015/16 Prize
- Book Boost: Access for All Challenge
- EduApp4Syria Prize
- Enabling Writers Prize
- Grant Competition 2011
- Grant Competition 2014
- Leaders for Literacy
- No Lost Generation Summit Tech Prize
- Ready2Read Challenge
- Sign On For Literacy Prize
- Technology to Support Education in Crises & Conflict Prize
- Tracking & Tracing Books Prize
- UnrestrICTed Challenge
… results in Blog.
- Blog // March 5, 2020
All Children Reading Grand Challenge awards Begin With Books prize to four innovators creating books in underserved languagesWinners will also join ACR GCD Sign Language Storybook Cohort to follow standards for sign language book production.
- Blog // January 29, 2020All Children Reading’s investment in open source Arabic literacy app yields dozens of translations by nonprofit Curious Learning.
- Blog // January 27, 2020Innovations provide sign language access to deaf children in Kenya, Rwanda, the Philippines and Nicaragua.
- Blog // December 12, 2019As a spotter and innovation catalyst in education technology to improve child literacy in developing countries, All Children Reading: A Grand Challenge for Development (ACR GCD) is on the front lines
- Blog // November 12, 2019
Michigan State University students use Bloom Software to turn local folktales into early grade booksInitiative results in early grade books in 14 languages for children in Benin.
- Blog // November 5, 2019ACR GCD prize winner Asafeer shares innovative publishing model that could inspire Begin With Books proposals and other efforts to create books for children in languages they use and understand.
- Blog // October 10, 2019
All Children Reading Grand Challenge casts new vision for advancing edtech to improve child literacy around the globeEvent includes launch of Begin With Books prize to source books in 30+ underserved languages.
- Blog // October 8, 2019Lessons from three ACR GCD projects provide meaningful insights for future literacy projects focused on children with print disabilities.
- Blog // September 3, 2019
Imagine learning to read without a book. That’s the reality for millions of children around the world.Books are essential for children to become literate, and research shows they experience greater reading success when learning in their local spoken or signed language.
- Blog // June 3, 2019This Global Day of Parents, All Children Reading: A Grand Challenge for Development spotlights four projects engaging families and communities in child literacy.
- Blog // May 29, 2019
ACR GCD innovator Benetech advances as finalist for $10 million award to scale accessible reading platformACR GCD funding of Bookshare India project helps position edtech company for Macquarie Group award.
- Blog // April 29, 2019ACR GCD shared presentations on our innovative solutions for gaming for literacy, digital books in underserved languages, and scaling edtech for literacy at CIES2019.
- Blog // February 5, 2019
Three innovators to field test solutions to improve literacy outcomes for deaf children in developing countriesThree innovations rose to the top of our Sign On For Literacy competition to source technology solutions that increase access to local sign languages.
- Blog // November 28, 2018
How a global community of innovators can embrace inclusive EdTech design for children with disabilitiesAll Children Reading: A Grand Challenge for Development urges global education audience at mEducation Alliance Symposium to incorporate accessibility features at the onset of EdTech development.
- Blog // September 28, 2018During International Week of the Deaf, the Motion Light Lab at Gallaudet casts vision for its SignShare innovation, one of five winners of ACR GCD’s Sign On For Literacy prize.
- Blog // September 27, 2018During International Week of the Deaf, Sign On For Literacy prize finalist eKitabu shares how technology is opening literacy and learning opportunities for deaf children across Kenya.
- Blog // September 26, 2018During International Week of the Deaf, Rochester Institute of Technology’s National Institute for the Deaf casts a vision for inclusive education for deaf children.
- Blog // September 25, 2018During International Week of the Deaf, Sign On For Literacy prize winner Manos Unidas shares how technology is transforming access to education for deaf children in Nicaragua.
- Blog // September 24, 2018During International Week of the Deaf, Sign On For Literacy prize finalist Enuma shares how innovation can transform access to literacy and education for deaf children around the globe.