- Show all
- Begin With Books
- Big Ideas@Berkeley 2014/15 Prize
- Big Ideas@Berkeley 2015/16 Prize
- Book Boost: Access for All Challenge
- EduApp4Syria Prize
- Enabling Writers Prize
- Grant Competition 2011
- Grant Competition 2014
- Leaders for Literacy
- No Lost Generation Summit Tech Prize
- Sign On For Literacy Prize
- Technology to Support Education in Crises & Conflict Prize
- Tracking & Tracing Books Prize
… results in Blog.
- Blog // June 20, 2018Two winning games from our EduApp4Syria competition illustrate how mobile technologies are filling educational gaps for millions of out-of-school Syrian children.
- Blog // May 30, 2018
Policy Makers, Donors, and Innovators Convened in Africa: Here’s what they want to share about leveraging EdTech to improve reading“We’re here to acknowledge the marriage of technology and the power of reading,” said Ms. Kulula Manona from South Africa’s Department of Basic Education, kicking off a three-day workshop in P
- Blog // May 21, 2018TRAC+ is World Vision International-Cambodia scaling of the TRAC project implemented in eight schools in Cambodia by World Education Inc. Here they share the challenges and opportunities of scaling.
- Blog // April 4, 2018
All Children Reading Announces eKitabu and SIL LEAD as Winners of Book Boost: Access for All ChallengeACR GCD is pleased to announce two winners of the Book Boost: Access for All Challenge—eKitabu and SIL LEAD.
- Blog // April 2, 2018
The Book Desert: Authors, publishers and innovators have key role in solving global literacy challengeThis crisis, dubbed the “book desert,” was the focus of our panel discussion at the International Children’s Book Fair in Bologna, Italy.
- Blog // March 19, 2018To measure our EduApp4Syria competition mobile games are achieving their goals, impact evaluations of each game were conducted.
- Blog // February 27, 2018Innovations to track and trace books are being piloted in several countries to provide administrators a near-real time view of any delivery operation’s status through an online dashboard and map.
- Blog // February 20, 2018As the world marks International Mother Language Day, ACR GCD celebrates the progress made and champions the need for acceleration to support books, resources, and training in every language.
- Blog // September 11, 2017ACR GCD also believes that utilizing technology to increase childhood literacy can offer new solutions to reach the greatest number of children who are not learning to read.
- Blog // November 18, 2015A workshop with the Intel® Learn Program generated innovative ideas for empowering youth to support early grade reading efforts in developing countries.
- Blog // December 22, 2016ACR GCD’s work furthers Louis Braille's legacy by spurring the development of innovations that help children who are blind/low vision learn to read.
- Blog // December 2, 2016
Count Me In! Ground-breaking Early Grade Reading Assessment developed for children with sensory disabilitiesACR GCD and our innovators are tackling the challenge of assessing reading skills among children who are blind/low vision or deaf/hard of hearing.
- Blog // October 12, 2016Alexa is one example of how All Children Reading is helping children who are blind/low vision learn to read with innovative technologies.
- Blog // October 4, 2016This World Teachers' Day we celebrate pioneering teachers working hand-in-hand with ACR GCD grantees to pilot innovations making breakthrough progress in child literacy. Here are their stories…
- Blog // July 11, 2016As a winner of ACR GCD's Technology to Support Basic Education in Crisis and Conflict Settings ideation prize, Xavier Project received funding to put their ideas into action in Dadaab Refugee Camp.
- Blog // December 2, 2015A team of Moroccan and American deaf and hearing researchers create assistive software to easily create and publish Moroccan Sign Language-supported educational materials for students who are deaf.
- Blog // September 8, 2015All Children Reading: A Grand Challenge for Development (ACR GCD) and The Intel® Learn Program gathered global education experts on International Literacy Day 2015 for a workshop designed to.
- Blog // October 5, 2015
Game-changer: mobile technology reaches teachers in remote areas with literacy instruction tips and trainingDr. Jacqueline Jere-Folotiya and Emma Ojanen share how GraphoGame is being implemented in Zambia, to help teachers improve their use of phonics and local languages in literacy instruction.