… results in Book Boost: Access for All Challenge.
- Blog // April 28, 2020
eKitabu’s signed Digital Story Time included in Kenya Ministry of Education’s distance learning programDaily TV and virtual broadcast of sign language stories funded by ACR GCD open opportunities for all children, including those who are deaf, to learn during the COVID-19 crisis.
- Blog // March 13, 2020ACR GCD-funded innovations available in multiple languages and across variety of devices to support early-grade literacy.
- ACR GCD in the News // Accessible Book Consortium Blog // March 12, 2019The 2019 winners of the ABC International Excellence Award for Accessible Publishing were announced at the awards ceremony held at the London Book Fair.
- ACR GCD in the News // SIL LEAD Blog // February 7, 2019It seems like every few weeks we hear about some exciting new innovation in computer technology—a brand-new application that (at least according to the advertising hype) will upend life as we know i
- Blog // November 28, 2018
How a global community of innovators can embrace inclusive EdTech design for children with disabilitiesAll Children Reading: A Grand Challenge for Development urges global education audience at mEducation Alliance Symposium to incorporate accessibility features at the onset of EdTech development.
- ACR GCD in the News // eKitabu Blog // October 5, 2018eKitabu in partnership with the Ministry of Education, UNICEF and other partners launched the Content Development Challenge (CDC) on 27th September 2018 during the Nairobi International Book Fair.
- ACR GCD in the News // KBC // September 27, 2018eKitabu in partnership with Ministry of Education, UNICEF and other partners launched a Content Development Challenge (CDC) to empower Kenyan publishers to develop quality reading materials for...
- ACR GCD in the News // Standard Media // September 27, 2018Nasa leader Raila Odinga on Thursday attended the launch of eKitabu challenge targeting Kenyan publishers towards content development.
- Blog // May 30, 2018
Policy Makers, Donors, and Innovators Convened in Africa: Here’s what they want to share about leveraging EdTech to improve reading“We’re here to acknowledge the marriage of technology and the power of reading,” said Ms. Kulula Manona from South Africa’s Department of Basic Education, kicking off a three-day workshop in P
- ACR GCD in the News // eKitabu Blog // April 6, 2018As a Grand Prize Winner of the Book Boost: Access for All Challenge, eKitabu will help facilitate a transition to a sustainable, born accessible book chain in Kenya.
- Press Release // ACR GCD // April 4, 2018
All Children Reading and Pearson Announce Winners of Global Prize Competition to Increase Access to Children’s Reading MaterialseKitabu and SIL LEAD will test models that optimize the production process for children’s books, thereby reducing costs and making it easier for publishers to produce high-quality reading materials.
- Blog // April 2, 2018
The Book Desert: Authors, publishers and innovators have key role in solving global literacy challengeThis crisis, dubbed the “book desert,” was the focus of our panel discussion at the International Children’s Book Fair in Bologna, Italy.
- Press Release // ACR GCD // October 26, 2017
New Global Prize Competition Seeks to Transform Book Publishing through Innovations that Drive Greater Access to Affordable, High Quality Books and Children’s Reading MaterialsThe Book Boost: Access for All Challenge seeks innovations to reduce the cost to produce digital reading materials, including books for children who are blind or have low vision.
- Press Release // ACR GCD // October 2, 2017
All Children Reading and Pearson’s Project Literacy Announce Prize Competition to Increase Global Supply of Accessible BooksAn upcoming global prize competition seeks to increase the global supply of high-quality reading materials accessible for children with print disabilities.