… results in Book Boost: Access for All Challenge.
- Blog // March 23, 2023
All Children Reading: A Grand Challenge for Development celebrates impact on increasing literacy for children worldwideThe Grand Challenge is concluding 12 years of funding and testing innovative EdTech solutions and approaches to increase reading outcomes for marginalized children in low-resource contexts
- News Byte // December 20, 2022Video highlights ACR GCD’s work to increase literacy through EdTech solutions and research
- Blog // November 15, 2022
What works and doesn’t work to improve access, equity and inclusion for the 584 million children globally waiting to learn to readKey evidence and lessons where EdTech innovations and methods work to increase access to education and literacy for hard to reach and disadvantaged learners
- News Byte // October 18, 2022
ACR GCD presents to USAID’s Education Sector Council on Integration of Universal Design for Learning (UDL) into Early Grade Reading ProgramsPresenters showcased EdTech tools to create, and coach for, a literacy learning environment to enable full participation of all children
- News Byte // September 29, 2022The books are the first visual learning materials and storybooks for learners who are deaf in Mali
- Blog // July 21, 2022
Six innovators discuss challenges and insights around implementing EdTech solutions to increase reading outcomes for hard-to-reach learnersAn interview with innovators who participated in a consultation ACR GCD co-hosted with the Global Education Monitoring (GEM) Report
- News Byte // February 9, 2022SIL LEAD uploads a new, accessible version of the book to its Bloom Library platform for children who are blind or have low vision
- News Byte // February 2, 2022Reading together strengthens family bonds and children's ability to read, especially with access to books in languages they use and understand
- Blog // January 21, 2022
Changing the course of education through EdTech solutions to increase literacy for marginalized children in low-resource contextsLeveraging open-source, scalable and inclusive innovation and technology can help children learn to read, escape poverty and complete school.
- News Byte // December 3, 2021eKitabu has released two new accessible ebooks as part of its creation of more than 250 books in Tumbuka, a local spoken language in Malawi, and Malawian Sign Language
- Blog // May 16, 2021
Five innovations to support inclusive education for children with disabilities in low-resource contextsLearn how to leverage All Children Reading's funded EdTech solutions to support children with disabilities in your education programming.
- Blog // September 4, 2020
Three ways you can become part of the solution for 387 million children waiting for the opportunity to learn to readThe COVID-19 pandemic has amplified the need for quality EdTech solutions that serve the literacy and learning needs of all children.
- Blog // August 27, 2020
Three ways you can support the development and use of accessible books for children with disabilitiesFree tools for use by publishers, Ministries of Education, and education implementers support inclusive education that benefits all children.
- Blog // July 28, 2020
ACR GCD awardee SIL LEAD spurs multi-organization effort to create COVID-themed children’s books in 166 languages using Bloom softwareAdditional COVID-19 themed books created through ACR GCD’s Begin With Books prize to arrive on Global Digital Library and Bloom Library in September.
- Blog // April 28, 2020
eKitabu’s signed Digital Story Time included in Kenya Ministry of Education’s distance learning programDaily TV and virtual broadcast of sign language stories funded by ACR GCD open opportunities for all children, including those who are deaf, to learn during the COVID-19 crisis.
- Blog // March 13, 2020ACR GCD-funded innovations available in multiple languages and across variety of devices to support early-grade literacy.
- ACR GCD in the News // Accessible Book Consortium Blog // March 12, 2019The 2019 winners of the ABC International Excellence Award for Accessible Publishing were announced at the awards ceremony held at the London Book Fair.
- ACR GCD in the News // SIL LEAD Blog // February 7, 2019It seems like every few weeks we hear about some exciting new innovation in computer technology—a brand-new application that (at least according to the advertising hype) will upend life as we know i