- Show all
- Begin With Books
- Big Ideas@Berkeley 2014/15 Prize
- Big Ideas@Berkeley 2015/16 Prize
- Book Boost: Access for All Challenge
- EduApp4Syria Prize
- Enabling Writers Prize
- Grant Competition 2011
- Grant Competition 2014
- Leaders for Literacy
- No Lost Generation Summit Tech Prize
- Ready2Read Challenge
- Sign On For Literacy Prize
- Technology to Support Education in Crises & Conflict Prize
- Tracking & Tracing Books Prize
- UnrestrICTed Challenge
… results in Education in Emergencies.
- ACR GCD in the News // Emerging EdTech // March 1, 2017
Leveraging Technology to Build Literacy Among Millions of Displaced Children and Those with DisabilitiesThere are about a quarter of a billion children around the world who cannot read, often due to lack of resources in their language, conflicts that have displaced them from their homes and communities.
- ACR GCD in the News // The Sociable // February 13, 2017To better help the migrant crisis major tech companies should provide more EdTech solutions, so they can improve education and integration for millions of refugees.
- ACR GCD in the News // EdTech Digest // January 23, 2017Two-hundred-and-fifty million children across the globe are not learning basic literacy and numeracy skills. Of these, 57 million children—a disproportionate number of whom are from disadvantaged...
- ACR GCD in the News // Kukua // September 8, 2016Being amongst the top three selected teams of the EduApp4Syria Competition promoted by the Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation (NORAD) enables Kukua to receive additional funding.
- Blog // July 11, 2016As a winner of ACR GCD's Technology to Support Basic Education in Crisis and Conflict Settings ideation prize, Xavier Project received funding to put their ideas into action in Dadaab Refugee Camp.
- ACR GCD in the News // Creative Associates Blog // July 8, 2016Creative’s submission to the Norwegian Development Agency’s EduApp4Syria competition, Katkooti, (meaning ‘My Chick’ in Arabic), will provide literacy education and psychosocial support.
- ACR GCD in the News // ChicagoInno // August 17, 2015A Chicago satellite information service just won $20,000 to help broadcast education resources to people living around conflict zones in Ukraine.
- Ressi is a smartphone application that can build foundational literacy skills in Arabic and improve psychosocial well-being for Syrian children who are out of school or struggling in school.
- Press Release // ACR GCD // January 29, 2015
All Children Reading: A Grand Challenge for Development competition seeks innovations to reach students in conflict and crisis zonesNew prize to source ideas for innovative, technology-supported approaches for children to maintain access to basic education despite disruptions experienced during crisis or conflict.
- (Arabic subtitles) After playing the EduApp4Syria games for the first time, Marwa (6) knows how to write four new letters in Arabic.