- Show all
- Begin With Books
- Big Ideas@Berkeley 2014/15 Prize
- Big Ideas@Berkeley 2015/16 Prize
- Book Boost: Access for All Challenge
- EduApp4Syria Prize
- Enabling Writers Prize
- Grant Competition 2011
- Grant Competition 2014
- Leaders for Literacy
- No Lost Generation Summit Tech Prize
- Ready2Read Challenge
- Sign On For Literacy Prize
- Technology to Support Education in Crises & Conflict Prize
- Tracking & Tracing Books Prize
- UnrestrICTed Challenge
… results in Apps Factory.
- Blog // November 5, 2021
Celebrating USAID at 60 and a 10 year partnership in advancing EdTech innovation to improve reading outcomesThis week, USAID turns 60 and ACR GCD is taking the opportunity to celebrate the accomplishments and innovations achieved over our 10 year partnership.
- Blog // March 13, 2020ACR GCD-funded innovations available in multiple languages and across variety of devices to support early-grade literacy.
- Blog // January 29, 2020All Children Reading’s investment in open source Arabic literacy app yields dozens of translations by nonprofit Curious Learning.
- Blog // June 20, 2018Two winning games from our EduApp4Syria competition illustrate how mobile technologies are filling educational gaps for millions of out-of-school Syrian children.
- Blog // March 19, 2018To measure our EduApp4Syria competition mobile games are achieving their goals, impact evaluations of each game were conducted.
- ACR GCD in the News // UNICEF Stories of Innovation // March 14, 2018Games have demonstrated that they can be a powerful vehicle for learning, which is why the UNICEF Innovation Fund is exploring partnerships to source, assess and enhance games as part of our learning.
- ACR GCD in the News // Education Week // September 5, 2017Last spring, in a weathered trailer in Bar Elias, Lebanon within walking distance from the nearby refugee camps, Syrian teenagers were hard at work at Arabic, math, science, and English lessons.
- ACR GCD in the News // Mic // August 10, 2017An estimated 2.5 million Syrian children have been displaced by the country’s ongoing civil war, according to Norad, the Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation.
- ACR GCD in the News // Mashable // August 2, 2017George and Amal Clooney are stepping up their efforts to help Syrian refugee children get a formal education in Lebanon.
- ACR GCD in the News // WISE Ed.Review // June 20, 2017June 20 marks World Refugee Day, a day when we recognize the tragic impact that war, persecution, conflicts, and natural disasters have had on millions – causing them to flee their homes.
- ACR GCD in the News // Middle East Eye // March 30, 2017What happens when you combine Pokémon-Go with game-based learning? One Norwegian government-funded initiative launched two smartphone app games in Paris last week.
- ACR GCD in the News // Mashable // March 29, 2017An international consortium of humanitarian aid groups has announced the winners of a competition to develop educational apps for Syrian children displaced by that country’s brutal civil war.
- ACR GCD in the News // TreceBits // March 29, 2017
Apps que ayudan a que los niños refugiados sigan aprendiendo (Apps that help refugee children keep learning)Desde que empezara en 2011, el conflicto sirio ha provocado enormes estragos en las rutinas de más de dos millones y medio de niños.
- ACR GCD in the News // International Business Times // March 29, 2017With an aim to help millions of traumatised Syrian refugee children deal with the ordeal they go through due to the conflict in the country, the EduApp4Syria competition was initiated.
- ACR GCD in the News // Android Apps Review // March 29, 2017Feed the Monster is a fun and effective interactive educational app that teaches young children how to read and write Arabic.
- Press Release // ACR GCD // March 20, 2017
EduApp4Syria Competition Launches Unique Literacy Learning Apps That Can Reach Millions of War-Affected Syrian ChildrenA Norway-led coalition today announced two winners of the EduApp4Syria innovation competition and the worldwide release of open-source Arabic literacy learning games.
- ACR GCD in the News // VentureBeat // March 20, 2017An international consortium of humanitarian aid groups has announced the winners of a competition to develop educational apps for Syrian children displaced by that country’s brutal civil war.
- ACR GCD in the News // moblearn // March 20, 2017Antura and the Letters and Feed the Monster were funded by Norad, the Norwegian Development Agency as part of a competition to encourage innovative mobile learning solutions to support Syrian kids.