- Show all
- Begin With Books
- Big Ideas@Berkeley 2014/15 Prize
- Big Ideas@Berkeley 2015/16 Prize
- Book Boost: Access for All Challenge
- EduApp4Syria Prize
- Enabling Writers Prize
- Grant Competition 2011
- Grant Competition 2014
- Leaders for Literacy
- No Lost Generation Summit Tech Prize
- Ready2Read Challenge
- Sign On For Literacy Prize
- Technology to Support Education in Crises & Conflict Prize
- Tracking & Tracing Books Prize
- UnrestrICTed Challenge
… results in eKitabu-2.
ACR GCD Alumni featured in USAID Meta Evaluation of Grand Challenges Knowledge Product on Delivering MELACR GCD Alumni, eKitabu & Little Thinking Minds, are featured in this USAID Meta Evaluation of Grand Challenges Knowledge Product on how GCs measured impact and results
- Blog // January 21, 2022
Changing the course of education through EdTech solutions to increase literacy for marginalized children in low-resource contextsLeveraging open-source, scalable and inclusive innovation and technology can help children learn to read, escape poverty and complete school.
Literacy and Learning Without Limits: The Tools You Need to Ensure Children with Disabilities are Included in Your Reading ProgramsLearn about open source resources like book creation software, online libraries, books, reading assessments and more, developed by winners of the All Children Reading Grand Challenge.
- Blog // May 16, 2021
Five innovations to support inclusive education for children with disabilities in low-resource contextsLearn how to leverage All Children Reading's funded EdTech solutions to support children with disabilities in your education programming.
- Blog // March 29, 2021
UnrestrICTed Challenge awarded to three innovators scaling ICT solutions for children with disabilitieseKitabu, Save the Children, and World Education to implement ICT for education solutions—including accessible books, learning apps and teacher training—in Rwanda, Papua New Guinea and Nepal.
- ACR GCD in the News // UNESCO GEM Report // March 12, 2021Since most deaf children in low-resource settings start primary school with little or no language, the role of sign languages is essential for opening the pathway for progression in formal education.
- ACR GCD in the News // December 15, 2020
Accessible to All: Creating Learning Materials for Children with Disabilities in Cambodia, Kenya, Rwanda, and TajikistanFor students with disabilities, quality education can offer an entry point into a society that may otherwise remain inaccessible.
- Blog // December 11, 2020
All Children Reading Grand Challenge creates global standards for sign language storybook productionDeveloped in collaboration with RIT/NTID, the standards aim to spur sign language storybook creation in more locations and sign languages to support inclusive education
- Blog // September 4, 2020
Three ways you can become part of the solution for 387 million children waiting for the opportunity to learn to readThe COVID-19 pandemic has amplified the need for quality EdTech solutions that serve the literacy and learning needs of all children.
- Blog // August 27, 2020
Three ways you can support the development and use of accessible books for children with disabilitiesFree tools for use by publishers, Ministries of Education, and education implementers support inclusive education that benefits all children.
- Blog // May 6, 2020Begin With Books prize winner to scale past ACR GCD-funded projects to create 270 accessible books for children in Malawi.
- Blog // April 28, 2020
eKitabu’s signed Digital Story Time included in Kenya Ministry of Education’s distance learning programDaily TV and virtual broadcast of sign language stories funded by ACR GCD open opportunities for all children, including those who are deaf, to learn during the COVID-19 crisis.
- ACR GCD in the News // Accessible Book Consortium Blog // March 12, 2019The 2019 winners of the ABC International Excellence Award for Accessible Publishing were announced at the awards ceremony held at the London Book Fair.
- ACR GCD in the News // eKitabu Blog // February 8, 2019
eKitabu advances in All Children Reading Grand Challenge prize to improve literacy outcomes for deaf childreneKitabu, Rochester Institute of Technology’s National Institute for the Deaf (RIT/NTID) and Manos Unidas will advance as finalists of the Sign On For Literacy prize.
- Blog // February 5, 2019
Three innovators to field test solutions to improve literacy outcomes for deaf children in developing countriesThree innovations rose to the top of our Sign On For Literacy competition to source technology solutions that increase access to local sign languages.
- ACR GCD in the News // eKitabu Blog // October 5, 2018eKitabu in partnership with the Ministry of Education, UNICEF and other partners launched the Content Development Challenge (CDC) on 27th September 2018 during the Nairobi International Book Fair.
- Blog // September 27, 2018During International Week of the Deaf, Sign On For Literacy prize finalist eKitabu shares how technology is opening literacy and learning opportunities for deaf children across Kenya.