… results in Begin With Books.
- News Byte // August 30, 2022Participants developed accessible EPUBs using eKitabu's open source Accessible EPUB Toolkit
- Blog // July 21, 2022
Six innovators discuss challenges and insights around implementing EdTech solutions to increase reading outcomes for hard-to-reach learnersAn interview with innovators who participated in a consultation ACR GCD co-hosted with the Global Education Monitoring (GEM) Report
- News Byte // May 1, 2022
ACR GCD focuses on global trends in education and literacy for the deaf and hard of hearing at CIES 2022The virtual panel was one of two that focused on children with disabilities
ACR GCD Alumni featured in USAID Meta Evaluation of Grand Challenges Knowledge Product on Taking Innovations to ScaleACR GCD alumi eKitabu is featured in this USAID Meta Evaluation of Grand Challenges Knowledge Product on how innovations have been supported to scale
- ACR GCD Alumni, eKitabu's grantee journey is one of four detailed Case Studies that demonstrates key learning about thematic priorities for the USAID Meta Evaluation of Grand Challenges
- News Byte // March 16, 2022Free tools available for immediate use and additional resources to help implement education in emergency settings
- Blog // March 16, 2022
Recent World Bank study provides compelling evidence that EdTech has big impact on literacy, improving reading outcomes within daysFive day intervention included cell phones preloaded with Global Digital Library and Feed the Monster, two EdTech solutions developed with ACR GCD support and funding
- Blog // February 18, 2022EdTech can accelerate efforts to help children learn to read in their own language, but it must be guided by inclusion and equity
- News Byte // February 17, 2022The Tamang collection is a meaningful step towards empowering and supporting children in Tamang communities on their path to literacy
- News Byte // January 25, 2022The Papua New Guinea Collection includes 33 books in three local languages
- News Byte // January 14, 2022The annual competition captures real-life examples of USAID staff and partners using CLA approaches to achieve better development outcomes.
- Examining the use of the CLA approach when shifting from supporting innovators/innovations at pilot (or proof of concept) stage to transitioning mature, evidence-based solutions for scale.
- Blog // January 4, 2022On World Braille Day, learn more about the challenges faced by children who are blind or low-vision and be part of the solution to advance EdTech solutions to increase literacy.
- Blog // December 16, 2021
How EdTech solutions can fill gaps and address barriers to literacy for refugee and migrant childrenLearn about and access free education technology tools, solutions and guidance for increasing reading outcomes for children in crisis contexts.
- News Byte // December 8, 2021Let's Read is bringing together local authors, illustrators, designers, language experts and volunteer translators in Laos, Nepal and Papua New Guinea to create and adapt 380 children’s books.
- News Byte // December 3, 2021eKitabu has released two new accessible ebooks as part of its creation of more than 250 books in Tumbuka, a local spoken language in Malawi, and Malawian Sign Language