- ACR GCD in the News // PennToday // November 14, 2013
Penn Student’s Serendipitous Snapshot Develops Into Award-Winning ImageFor one University of Pennsylvania doctoral student, promoting increased access to education around the globe led to an unanticipated title: award-winning photographer.
- Press Release // Library of Congress // September 22, 2013
First Winners of Library of Congress Literacy Awards AnnouncedLibrarian of Congress James H. Billington has chosen the winners of the 2013 Library of Congress Literacy Awards, a new program originated and sponsored by philanthropist David M. Rubenstein.
- ACR GCD in the News // The Asia Foundation Blog // September 4, 2013
The Silent Crisis in Timor-Leste’s Development TrajectoryAs International Literacy Day approaches, the matter of literacy remains an enormous challenge around the world, including in Asia’s youngest nation, Timor-Leste.
- ACR GCD in the News // Worldreader Blog // April 5, 2013
Monitoring And Evaluation: Keys To Improving Literacy In AfricaWorldreader’s large-scale projects always involve considerable monitoring and evaluation to examine how e-readers and access to digital books help children read more and read better.
- ACR GCD in the News // USAID Blog // March 27, 2013
Digitizing EducationAn interview with Catherine Oliver Smith, COO and Co-Founder of ACR GCD innovator Urban Planet Mobile, on International Women's Day.
- ACR GCD in the News // The Asia Foundation Blog // February 26, 2013
The Asia Foundation and Fundasaun Alola Launch All Children Reading Project with Support from USAIDThe Asia Foundation, in partnership with Fundasaun Alola, has launched the All Children Reading (ACR) initiative, an 18-month project generously supported by the United States Agency for International