- Show all
- Begin With Books
- Big Ideas@Berkeley 2014/15 Prize
- Big Ideas@Berkeley 2015/16 Prize
- Book Boost: Access for All Challenge
- EduApp4Syria Prize
- Enabling Writers Prize
- Grant Competition 2011
- Grant Competition 2014
- Leaders for Literacy
- No Lost Generation Summit Tech Prize
- Ready2Read Challenge
- Sign On For Literacy Prize
- Technology to Support Education in Crises & Conflict Prize
- Tracking & Tracing Books Prize
- UnrestrICTed Challenge
… results in Children with Disabilities.
Institute for Disabilities Research and Training & École Nationale Supérieure des Mines de Rabat Evaluation ReportAn evaluation report on the results of the ACR GCD-funded "Improving Deaf Children's Reading Through Technology" project, implemented by IDRT in Morocco.
- Improving reading skills of children with special needs using by providing teaching and learning materials and assessment tools to teachers and resources and training for families
Grant Competition 2011
- ACR GCD in the News // Emerging EdTech // March 1, 2017
Leveraging Technology to Build Literacy Among Millions of Displaced Children and Those with DisabilitiesThere are about a quarter of a billion children around the world who cannot read, often due to lack of resources in their language, conflicts that have displaced them from their homes and communities.
- The 100 Adventures in Science and Life ebooks, developed by Asafeer and funded ACR GCD's 2017 No Lost Generation Tech Prize, are now available in Arabic and English on the Global Digital Library.
- Learn from Benetech about key accessibility guidelines and tools for creating born-accessible ebooks and content for children with disabilities.
- Sign On for Literacy prize semi-finalist RIT's National Institute of the Deaf's innovation will document and collect local sign languages and create an open-content digital library of folktales.
- Blog // December 22, 2016ACR GCD’s work furthers Louis Braille's legacy by spurring the development of innovations that help children who are blind/low vision learn to read.
- Wonderstruck actress Millicent Simmonds announces the launch of ACR GCD's Sign On For Literacy prize competition seeking innovative solutions that provide Deaf children a foundation of sign language.
- Blog // December 2, 2016
Count Me In! Ground-breaking Early Grade Reading Assessment developed for children with sensory disabilitiesACR GCD and our innovators are tackling the challenge of assessing reading skills among children who are blind/low vision or deaf/hard of hearing.
- Blog // October 12, 2016Alexa is one example of how All Children Reading is helping children who are blind/low vision learn to read with innovative technologies.
- Donna DiMarco of the Nyle DiMarco Foundation shares the importance of deaf children having early access to sign language.
- Blog // October 4, 2016This World Teachers' Day we celebrate pioneering teachers working hand-in-hand with ACR GCD grantees to pilot innovations making breakthrough progress in child literacy. Here are their stories…
- ACR GCD in the News // The Citizen // June 28, 2016Beginning July 1, the Georgia Libraries for Accessible Statewide Services network will make more than 425,000 accessible e-books available for free to patrons who cannot read traditional print books.